Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Aldo said:
I feel the same way. Because I have been doing business with my dealer for a decade and we know each other well, they got Chrysler to get me an aftermarket spare tire kit for my SRT...and now I am a happy camper :)

I recently traded my SRT 392 for a 300 SRT and kept the spare tire kit. If I hadn't been able to get a spare tire I'd bought a sports sedan from someone else --despite my long, deep love for Chrysler and SRT...
May not be as easy to find that other sports sedan with a spare. BMW, Cadillac, Audi, and Mercedes all sell some or many of their respective models without a spare tire.
Personally, I like the security that comes with having a spare, especially given the type of driving I do and the roads I cover but Chrysler certainly isn't the first or only to go this route.

·
Registered
930 Posts
TWX said:
A common thread is that all four of those makes are generally purchased by those that can afford the costs of dealing with tire problems when they occur, up to and including a tow and new wheel/tire or even a rental. I'm sure that even our member Aldo here was able to bear the cost of his experience with his Challenger SRT8 flat, even if he was unhappy with having to, but his experience shows that even those that can afford to deal with it may still not want to have to, especially when a half-hour and 50lb in tools and parts would lend to a solution to at least reach a tire shop for a repair or replacement in controlled conditions.
I was only commenting on the current and possibly future availability of spares in sports sedans as mentioned by Aldo, though I don't think we should assume the level of inconvenience by even the affluent driver. It is a trend that is increasing and even some lower model Chevrolets and Hyundais have gone without. I sure weight and space savings are the reasons the manufactures will offer; however, given the type of driving I do and the places I travel, I can't imagine not having a spare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.