Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Fairfax Va at the county fair jeep had a corporate 'show and tell' demos etc.....

I asked about the new cherokee.... got a run around.. these were the answers .
> You mean the GRAND cherokee...
> due in 2016 I think....
> We dont have that -
> how about a test drive in a Fart I mean Dart.
> they are not due for several years....

1) So anyone know what is the issues - availabity?

2) Price any idea?
my 2cents
@ 20K very desirable
@ 25k keep it

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Last time I went to the AZ State Fair, there was a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep setup there too, with a bunch of vehicles. They didn't want to let on, but they were NOT Chrysler's official marketing team, they were simply a big local dealership that had paid to be there, and all of the staff were just salesmen from the dealership.

While there certainly are some salesmen who know and care about the products, there are plenty of salesmen who don't know more than the text printed in the brochures, and there are LOTS of salesmen who are only interested in the short-term. I've met salesmen that wouldn't even acknowledge upcoming new models that they couldn't get yet, and once met a salesman that wouldn't acknowledge that they could order a vehicle.

In short, don't trust these representatives at the fair. They could just be a local dealership, and you could have encountered the worst salesman they have, who is only interested in making a sale now with inventory that's on the lot now.

Reactions: MoparNorm

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just had an e mail with production update this morning. Factory release will be in late September, usually 6 to 8 weeks before a dealer will see these on the lot, Early November they should be in some showrooms.. Base price will be $22995.00 for a 4X2 Sport with a 2.4 liter 4 cyl.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I'm thinking that 2016 would be when the Grand Cherokee is slated for a replacement...

·
Chyrsler Historical Buff!!
1,892 Posts
TWX said:
Last time I went to the AZ State Fair, there was a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep setup there too, with a bunch of vehicles. They didn't want to let on, but they were NOT Chrysler's official marketing team, they were simply a big local dealership that had paid to be there, and all of the staff were just salesmen from the dealership.

While there certainly are some salesmen who know and care about the products, there are plenty of salesmen who don't know more than the text printed in the brochures, and there are LOTS of salesmen who are only interested in the short-term. I've met salesmen that wouldn't even acknowledge upcoming new models that they couldn't get yet, and once met a salesman that wouldn't acknowledge that they could order a vehicle.

In short, don't trust these representatives at the fair. They could just be a local dealership, and you could have encountered the worst salesman they have, who is only interested in making a sale now with inventory that's on the lot now.
Ain't that the truth!

The issue is knowing the real difference. I think of my poor Dad, railing against some of those horse trading thieves back in the day! Those fast track stores are the bain of the entire existance of any dealership, anywhere, selling any product! Go to one of those places......then go back in 6 months. You won't recognize ANYONE there. The wild eyed sell it now types move from store to store as fast as their reputation reveals itself. They can continue to do this because the whole sales team moves too! Including the Sales Manager, General Manager, and Assistant to the Manager, Manager!!! Makes no difference what it is either. Ford, Buick, Cadilliac, Chrysler, Dodge, Lincoln...... they are found everywhere!

It is unfortunate that the manufacturers tend to do nothing with these places because they will do enough business, (unfortunately slamming buyers) to affect the decisions that should eliminate them. Meaning, of course.... the bottom line........money. Whereby, they don't care, since the results concern ONLY the bottom line, and who cares anyway....they won't be purchasing a new car for awhile... so what?? I got the sale, that is all there is.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies -

The excuses fir the delay is concerning - IDK Maybe my NYC Cynicism.

At @23K about right - with incentives discounts might be on target...

As I read the replies I wonder - salespeople anyone have a good experiance?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
kev2 said:
Thanks for the replies -

The excuses fir the delay is concerning - IDK Maybe my NYC Cynicism.

At @23K about right - with incentives discounts might be on target...

As I read the replies I wonder - salespeople anyone have a good experiance?
As much as we rail against poor and incompetent salespeople, it should be noted that there are many good ones, it is just like shopping for anything, you have to weed out the bad ones, be it furniture stores, lumber yards or cars.
When I purchased my new Wrangler last week, from a reputable dealer and known salesperson, I never set foot into their store, until the deal was done.
They ordered it from my phone conversation, and they let me drive it away two days before my insurance check was sent.
It all went perfectly, including my discounts, price negotiation and vehicle delivery.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
This is true too. There's a salesman who frequents Allpar that has actually asked for advice for vehicles and some of his repeat-over-the-years customers, he's well aware that he makes his money by having customers that happily return later, and he doesn't want to sell them the wrong vehicle.

I've noticed that good salesmen can do well for themselves if they're patient, and unfortunately the best way to be patient is to not be desperate to make a commission.

·
Chyrsler Historical Buff!!
1,892 Posts
Again I see that the negativity factor comes to the fore, just for argument sake. I NEVER indicated that ALL sales people are poor, whether they sell cars, or door to door with vacuums. My experiences, including other COUNTRIES are about 95% positive. I do not deal with someone that I cannot connect with. Most dealers are local folks, and well understand that they live or die on the spoken word. My grandpa and Dad made honor on their handshake, without a ream of paperwork to back it all up. Those days, are gone, for certain, however, you can still have a great purchasing experience in all areas of the country, phone sale or otherwise. There are some folks on here that I would not hesitate to deal with, even though a rather vocal minority love to try to try argue them down for their positive energy, enthusiasm, and honest involvement in the products they sell! The "I know it all and can do it better than you" attitude is not only disrespectful, but belligerent as well. Weeding can be inclusive of sales as well as forums.

·
Administrator
35,280 Posts
I have dealt with three good car salesman in my time, and it was night and day from the usual crowd. Thing is, I can't tell 'em apart at first, but you sure can tell the difference as the deal continues.

One was the son of the dealer co-owner, I don't know if he counts. One was at Buhler & Bitter in Hazlet, and one was at a certain competing dealership in Flemington.

Actually there were probably other good salespeople I met when shopping, but I didn't buy from them in the end — not because of them, but their cars.

Most were atrocious. I know I live in an area that is pretty bad for car dealerships.

It's the same with service.

The awful people one meets drown out the good ones.

There's a reason why car dealers and Congress are always competing for last place in reputation, but that doesn't mean there are not good, honest car dealers and Congressmen.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Dave: There's a reason why car dealers and Congress are always competing for last place in reputation, but that doesn't mean there are not good, honest car dealers and Congressmen.

Man, you have said it all!! Couldn't have said it better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts