Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say 'I'm still here'... I haven't posted on the forums for quite some time, but have been occasionally 'lurking about'... looks like some happy occasions (little, and older 'girls') have happened - congrats to you both!! (Matt and Bob).

As far as the Shelby Z... been at a standstill for a while - 'life' has been happening (including spending too much time trying to get our daily driver going (94 Camry 2.2)) and I haven't had much opportunity to spend time re-fresh/storing the Daytona... (been about a month since...) maybe she'll see the road this next year.

~Trav

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today marks the 2nd 'birthday' of my Daytona (purchase). We did some electric 'exercises' - operated about all the electrical circuits - headlights up and down, locks, mirrors...clutch, gears.. pk brake etc. Put some oil in the (engine) cylinders and cranked it over a few times. I know I don't like sitting too long any more either.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do, Trav. I'm sure you'll get it back on the road when the time is right.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Keep it moving in some way, shape, or form. Life does happen, but you gotta keep on. Hope you get the family truckster useable again, and thank you for the congrats! :p I feel your pain on it seeming to take forever. Life happened here as weel, hence why it's taken me 3 months to get around to starting the repairs on my vehicle.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm too stubborn to 'not keep on keepin on'. Hopefully by next year on the road, and hopefully I remember where 'all these pieces go' :) Part of the 'standstill' is from tearing out some of the floor ... again - #2 son and a friend had patched up the drivers side , but the welds were sub par/cold/poor penetration/perforated (could pull apart with a screwdriver - had the appearance of 'cottage cheese' - I was told 'we didn't have gas - so welded without it (wire)). I'm not a welder so.... in the meantime the back axle/bumper and the interior are (mostly) out/off (-the dash and upper trim in hatch/headliner) - found a botched wiring job for the radio...(it isn't working on all speakers)... have plenty other things to keep me busy. Then after the floor is repaired PROPERLY, I will run my new brake lines... then the gas tank can go back on...and then...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts