Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say 'I'm still here'... I haven't posted on the forums for quite some time, but have been occasionally 'lurking about'... looks like some happy occasions (little, and older 'girls') have happened - congrats to you both!! (Matt and Bob).

As far as the Shelby Z... been at a standstill for a while - 'life' has been happening (including spending too much time trying to get our daily driver going (94 Camry 2.2)) and I haven't had much opportunity to spend time re-fresh/storing the Daytona... (been about a month since...) maybe she'll see the road this next year.

~Trav

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today marks the 2nd 'birthday' of my Daytona (purchase). We did some electric 'exercises' - operated about all the electrical circuits - headlights up and down, locks, mirrors...clutch, gears.. pk brake etc. Put some oil in the (engine) cylinders and cranked it over a few times. I know I don't like sitting too long any more either.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm too stubborn to 'not keep on keepin on'. Hopefully by next year on the road, and hopefully I remember where 'all these pieces go' :) Part of the 'standstill' is from tearing out some of the floor ... again - #2 son and a friend had patched up the drivers side , but the welds were sub par/cold/poor penetration/perforated (could pull apart with a screwdriver - had the appearance of 'cottage cheese' - I was told 'we didn't have gas - so welded without it (wire)). I'm not a welder so.... in the meantime the back axle/bumper and the interior are (mostly) out/off (-the dash and upper trim in hatch/headliner) - found a botched wiring job for the radio...(it isn't working on all speakers)... have plenty other things to keep me busy. Then after the floor is repaired PROPERLY, I will run my new brake lines... then the gas tank can go back on...and then...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.