Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Compass 4x4. Checked reviews and looked at one in dealer and here is the question : This has a STOP/START system but How does a person turn the ignition to ACC to listen to anything on Radio or phone with engine off ?

·
Super Moderator
36,924 Posts
You press the start button once without your foot on the brake pedal for accessory mode. Pressing it twice with your foot off the brake pedal is run (but the engine doesn’t start since your foot isn’t on the pedal). At least this is the implementation in all the other vehicles I’ve tried.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
valiant67 is correct, you just go as if you're going to start it, but don't put your foot on the brake.

I'm rather sad to say I've not had very good luck with my 2018 Compass - I've had it just over a month and had to type out its various problems on a sheet of paper so I would remember what to tell the dealer for fixes. It was in today, and they've gotten one of the rattles, but parts are on order to fix the others. The transmission needs an update for sure (5-4 downshift is rough, and it often feels in the wrong gear, either too high or too low.) The uConnect has various issues with some features that are controlled by it simply not working or others working intermittently. My understanding is that they are looking to get an update/fixes out in a month. (Which probably means months, really).

I was just pondering earlier today that I couldn't in good faith recommend one to someone, based on my experience.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Lucky! Indeed, most of the problems in this one are either the transmission programming and the uConnect 8.4c. Otherwise it’s the rattles. Although the door locks are starting to sound like a bear trap going off when they automatically lock when you start driving, especially the passenger door. Loudest locks I’ve ever heard. They actually made me startle the first few times they did it.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,674 Posts
Lucky! Indeed, most of the problems in this one are either the transmission programming and the uConnect 8.4c. Otherwise it’s the rattles. Although the door locks are starting to sound like a bear trap going off when they automatically lock when you start driving, especially the passenger door. Loudest locks I’ve ever heard. They actually made me startle the first few times they did it.
The locks on our 2010 Journey SXT are pretty loud now that I think of it. But they have always been that way. Even the locks on our 2009 Journey were loud. At least I know they locked or unlocked! By comparison the auto locks on my '06 Ram 1500 are almost like a whisper. I can just barely hear them.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Indeed, on both my Cherokee and the Renegade, the locks were not even noticeable. And these ones didn't start out that noisy. But when they started getting loud they made me jump the first few times. It really is a very loud BANG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts