Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, now that we know who is going to be in this years Super Bowl, lets hear what everybodys predictions will be on what will show case Chryslers great rein on the commercials.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Maybe they will finally mention that Dodge won the NASCAR Cup Championship...... kidding!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
:lol: Norm

·
Registered
699 Posts
Maybe have no commercials; would be hard to top the buzz of the last several years. And there would be more downside if you make a lame commercial than no commercial.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
"Maybe have no commercials; would be hard to top the buzz of the last several years. And there would be more downside if you make a lame commercial than no commercial."

So a 30 second spot with nothing but a black screen and "Chrysler" written on it?
;)

·
Registered
822 Posts
MoparNorm said:
"Maybe have no commercials; would be hard to top the buzz of the last several years. And there would be more downside if you make a lame commercial than no commercial."

So a 30 second spot with nothing but a black screen and "Chrysler" written on it?
;)
No, I think just show Catrinel Menghia...more than enough for me!

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,378 Posts
The Last 2 Years Super Bowl Ads are Going to be One Real Tough Act To Follow !

TMD

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
We wondered last year how they would ever top the 200 ad...and they did...let wait and see!

tryphon said:
No, I think just show Catrinel Menghia...more than enough for me!
LOL

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good point on the Dart. Agreed great audience for the Challenger. Need to keep building steam on Ram, truck of the year etc. Hey & at 25 mpg you can afford to step up to a Ram! Ward's top ten engine, heralded A8, devilish good looks. You can bet you will see Ford truck commercials. That said its always easy to spend somebody else's advertising dollars. While its a great time to advertise & people even watch for Superbowl commericials it is very expensive and certainly not the only place ad dollars should be spent.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Ramfan said:
While its a great time to advertise & people even watch for Superbowl commericials it is very expensive and certainly not the only place ad dollars should be spent.
Now that they have all of the marketing money once spent on NASCAR, they have no excuse not to advertise every car during the Super Bowl, in it's own time spot.
It will be interesting to see what they come up with and how well..and IF, they utilize this new philosophy.

·
2,570 Posts
Remember the red ball commercial, and it went through the piece of glass and would come out as a different model. I think it was a Dodge only advertisement. They should make something like that will show off the brands in a visually exciting fashion, while explaining all the high points. Maybe focus on the newest models with the latest updates. Ram, Dart, 300, and Liberkee.

It is too bad the Liberkee is not yet ready as it would be great to announce a new model via the Superbowl ad. They already cannot build the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler fast enough, so there isn't a need to advertise them in this slot.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,994 Posts
Like i said on the dart forums. The last two Superbowl ads have been "serious" Chrysler-brand ads with a message behind them. I think the next one, should be more fun, and what defines fun? Dodge... and Jeep. xD

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Catrinel Menghia driving the new 200 in a Bikini to the beach... That would get everybody's attention...

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
MoparNorm said:

;)
Once Atari Germany ran a print ad which was just a white page with its logo in the corner and the sentence: "You will need all this space to write down all our new product introductions at this year's CeBIT". (CeBIT is a big IT/computer trade fair).

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
The Super Bowl commercials of late have been great confidence builders for Chrysler as a company and as an individual brand. If they keep the idea of presenting an ad for an overall image instead of for a single vehicle, I'm not sure which brand would get the limelight. Chrysler has had the last few homeruns, but is it wise to keep pushing the comeback and risk sounding like a broken record? Jeep sells itself already as others have noted. Dodge could use some brand distinction but how? Minivans, Aero Darts and Challengers don't really mix. Ram? Regular ads tout the new Ram already. SRT would be interesting, but would putting them in the spotlight be worth the money? Fiat doesn't have anything other than the 500 + variants so not much new there. How about this then; Alfa Romeo. Even though Alfas return has been teased and delayed for years, maybe if their ducks are in a row (no pun intended MD ;) ) a grand re-introduction in front of such a large audience would make sence.

·
2,570 Posts
For Ram, it might be nice to embarrass Ford and Chevy on their towing numbers, and visualize the difference that 7,000 lbs is.

I know they really want to keep growing the Ram market share.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
I think we will all see Catrinel in a bikini on the beach. The 500C Abarth commercial is nearly guaranteed in my opinion.

I have positively no issue with that of course ;)

Mike

1 - 20 of 29 Posts