1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I’m not a Ford guy, but I like the Limited trim.
Not a big fan of the collapsing gear shifter, because it is going to be prone to failure.

·
10,394 Posts
I like the new styling. Makes the outgoing model look blocky and amateurish.

I posted a TFL video in the Auto Industry News section. They are not totally in love with it. In their judgement, the truck doesn't provide enough innovation to keep F150 competitive into the next 5-10 years. Particularly given that Toyota is planning a completely revamped Tundra with a real hybrid version.

Reactions: HotCarNut

·
Registered
499 Posts
They will fun to tow as the inevitable poor quality of the Blue Oval shows itself again.

Hopefully they have a Explorer type launch.

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
Dislike. The headlights and taillights are too big.

·
Registered
874 Posts
In other news, completely by coincidence.. nissan is updating their truck too lol.

That said, unimpressed.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I actually like them because of the big rig feel and it is been integrated nicely with the grill and the general design of the front facia.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
10,394 Posts
The "headlights" are actually dual stacked headlights.

I agree, it looks better integrated than before.

They have a 1970s retro feel to dual stacked headlights that I like.

Factoid: F150 will offer 11 different grilles!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
The "headlights" are actually dual stacked headlights.

I agree, it looks better integrated than before.

They have a 1970s retro feel to dual stacked headlights that I like.

Factoid: F150 will offer 11 different grilles!

Somehow your pictures now make me want to watch reruns of The Streets of San Francisco and Starsky & Hutch... :)

I do like the variety of power outlets as an option. Does RAM offer that? Also, that “desk” for a laptop is clever. Trim around the center console seems to be same kind of Ford plastic I am not a big fan of...

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
I don't like the size of the headlights because in a time when many vehicles are adopting slimmer headlights due to advancements in LED technology, resulting in a sleeker look, Ford is making them look even larger and more disproportionate.

No comparison IMO:
Ford-F-150-2021-1280-03.jpg
Ram-1500-2019-1280-17-2.jpg

Reactions: BEEAH

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
To me, the frontend looks like Chevy lights with a Ram grille. The interior looks like a clone of the Nissan Titan's interior. Not an original idea there. I'm not a fan overall.

Nissan Titan

Ford F150
That's the last generation interior. Here's the new one:

Ford-F-150-2021-1280-1a.jpg

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not that ram needs it, but the stow-away shifter is pretty trick. I wonder how much storage space it negates, and how long it'll be before they break under hurried use. They make it look like you have to wait for it to move on its own before you can actually use the flat space.

·
10,394 Posts
Chances are Nissan is the one who copied the interior from the outgoing F150. About half of the staff at Nissan North America in TN are ex-Ford.

Ram doesn’t use a console shifter anymore. It uses a rotary dial on the dashboard. So it should be an easier add.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I like the grill but i don't like the lights, kinda wish they took more of the ranger then just the grill for the exterior styling. I'm intrigued by the interior but nothing stands out to me other than the sleeper seats and the new radio. I am not a fan of the console shifter, i like that ram has a rotary in everything but their trx

·
Registered
50 Posts
The new F150 has larger screens but the interior still looks like it is filled with hard plastics. Will have to see what it looks like in person but to me the Ram still looks better.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
This will please their base. I like the powertrain options and the generator. Otherwise, I don't see much RAM can't overcome with some investment.

What's up with that? I can't stand the Expedition for the same reason, tail lights are entirely too large.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts