39,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
40,239 Posts
My guess for the three:
1) Dodge Hornet pre-production vehicle
2) Electric concept, Charger or Challenger
3) Some new super gas guzzling mega-Hellcat/Demon Challenger/Charger with new stickers and a new black wheel design..

·
Registered
31 Posts
The ghoul gets made for 1 year! Optional awd.
Really could put any price they wanted on them, they would sell.

Reactions: MillennialMopar

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think it will be...
A last special edition of the current Charger/Challenger
The coming electric muscle car--maybe just the drive-train revealed
A drivetrain for high performance featuring the Hurricane 6 paired with the electrified 8-speed auto. Here's hoping!

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
My guess for the three:
3) Some new super gas guzzling mega-Hellcat/Demon Challenger/Charger with new stickers and a new black wheel design..
Gotta go out with a bang!

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 1976 Dodge Charger, 1973 Plymouth Cuda, 1971 Plymouth D
39 Posts
It will be
(1) new twin turbocharged slant six, code named "localized high pressure area"
(2) a new three cylinder 1 liter normally aspirated engine specialized for operating in hot climates due to global warming ,code named "tropical depression"
(3) a wireless charging pad that you place on the floor of your garage to charge the new upcoming BEV's called the "Dodge Charger"

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
912 Posts
Maybe that "gateway" model will be a Charger Daytona that can actually do more than 200mph....
(I'm still, and always will be, disappointed they didn't make the 50th Anniversary model do atleast 200mph back in 2020)

·
Registered
71 Posts
My guess for the three:
Any possibility that the next gen Charger or Challenger would have the new 6 cylinder turbo? Maybe be an electric hybrid?

·
Super Moderator
40,239 Posts
Any possibility that the next gen Charger or Challenger would have the new 6 cylinder turbo? Maybe be an electric hybrid?
Well the latest rumor (and a rumor is just that) is the 6 cylinder turbo wasn't going to used in any hybrid applications. No idea if that's true or not.

Reactions: Adventurer55

·
Registered
15,408 Posts
Well the latest rumor (and a rumor is just that) is the 6 cylinder turbo wasn't going to used in any hybrid applications. No idea if that's true or not.
That is the rumor, but pickups and Grand Wagoneers using the 2.0T and the hybrid setup are going to be lethargic.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is the rumor, but pickups and Grand Wagoneers using the 2.0T and the hybrid setup are going to be lethargic.
Ram 1500 with Pentastar seems OK and the 2.0T hybrid easily outpowers it.

·
Registered
15,408 Posts
Ram 1500 with Pentastar seems OK and the 2.0T hybrid easily outpowers it.
As a lifestyle truck. But the Cherokee towing with the 2.0T is rated lower than the 3.2 Pentastar.

Also, the Grand Wagoneer does not even offer the Pentastar. It needs a hybrid version.

Toyota Tundra Hybrid uses a Turbo V6.
Ford F-150 Powerboost Hybrid uses a Turbo V6

If Ram wants to be competitive, they need to use the Hurricane 410 in a hybrid setup.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As a lifestyle truck. But the Cherokee towing with the 2.0T is rated lower than the 3.2 Pentastar.
Perhaps there is more to towing than power?
For Grand Wagoneer, given the heavy weight, I do not expect a 2.0T.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts