Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fyi, for anyone who was following the thread "help identifying part" about 6 weeks ago or so, after figuring out that the part interfering with the clutch pedal after swapping from auto to standard in my sons 1980 Dodge shortbox step was a remotely mounted "electrical" part of the switch, I told you I would let you know how my fix worked...SUCCESS!!!, we road tested the truck on Sunday, it works well, so the the short answer is after much research it appears Dodge never offered a tilt wheel with a standard on a two wheel drive truck, but if you remove the switch and re-locate it down the column and to approximately the 3,clock position then manafacture a new rod to go from the switch to the old rod where I connected them with a miniture u-bolt clamp, everything will work fine.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
mopar56 said:
Fyi, for anyone who was following the thread "help identifying part" about 6 weeks ago or so, after figuring out that the part interfering with the clutch pedal after swapping from auto to standard in my sons 1980 Dodge shortbox step was a remotely mounted "electrical" part of the switch, I told you I would let you know how my fix worked...SUCCESS!!!, we road tested the truck on Sunday, it works well, so the the short answer is after much research it appears Dodge never offered a tilt wheel with a standard on a two wheel drive truck, but if you remove the switch and re-locate it down the column and to approximately the 3,clock position then manafacture a new rod to go from the switch to the old rod where I connected them with a miniture u-bolt clamp, everything will work fine.
Excellent work and thanks for the report.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Glad to hear it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts