Allpar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks! A lot of info in it especially on their decision making process.

They are working on the sound to see what works best, might be options to change it. The transmission is a 2 speed. There will be be less expensive versions but he is showing the craziest one and he did that for the same reason that half of chargers and challengers have pentastars but he mostly talks about hellcats. He said a different version will be shown at SEMA,

Also comments why they didn’t go with Gigorio back in 2013.

·
Super Moderator
40,826 Posts
Still can't see the reason for Hornet to be a Dodge from that discussion.
And that the Giorgio was a 'scam" from the very onset as far as being designed to meet Dodge's needs from the beginning.

·
Super Moderator
40,826 Posts
You wouldnt want dodge to become what Cadillac was trying to be. a American BMW instead of Cadillac.
Well, if Giorgio would force Dodge to become an "American BMW" then Giorgio was not the co-developed platform we were told it was. That is the point. The co-developed platform was a lie to get other divisions to share Alfa's development cost.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,480 Posts
When their new cars come out Dodge will have to do something it hasn't done for many years. Justify their expenditures. Since the L cars were amortized many years ago, they could come with these limited high profit models costing very little for them to bring to market. Now, that process is about to start all over again. They are now going to have to cater to a wider audience then before. Electrics weren't in the mix, now they are. But as a brand they're going to need more then cars, hopefully a new Durango will also emerge as well built off either the WL, which is quite good, or their new car platform. Either one could work. That would give them cars, and a CUV, (Hornet) and an SUV, (Durango).

·
Registered
853 Posts
going by your logic Dodge V8 cars are Amercan AMG's
It's actually the other way around in the case of AMG, which has been considered German muscle - being associated with the American characteristic of V8 performance, hence references to muscle. That's now inverted, with Dodge dropping its tradition, the Hemi V8, to adopt the European smaller engine performance, T4 and T6. It's abundantly clear that Dodge is going Euro while trying to do it with some American bravado or spirit or whatever marketing mumbo jumbo Tim K was pushing at the Banshee reveal. I'm not mad about it, I'm sure what comes will be cool and I'll buy one 😁

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
40,234 Posts
V8s only became a Mopar tradition in the 1950s... Dodge started with all four cylinders, all the time, and stayed that way until the Dodge brothers were long dead. They went to their first straight six pretty late for an upscale brand.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,480 Posts
V8s only became a Mopar tradition in the 1950s... Dodge started with all four cylinders, all the time, and stayed that way until the Dodge brothers were long dead. They went to their first straight six pretty late for an upscale brand.
Well I'm doing this from memory, but I believe it was 1928 when the six appeared. So for 14 years they used fours. From 28 to 53 all sixes, except for the short lived straight eight from 30 to 33. That's 25 years. From 1953 to 2023 V8s. That's seventy years. Yes I included trucks too, because they were part of Dodge till after V8s reappeared in cars again. So the V8 is a big part of their history, maybe the biggest.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
from the 80's til 2011 for the Trubo 4 used in the Omni and SRT4? Hemi only became a think after the LX cars came out. the only other V8 was a Magnum V8 that never seen the light of day in Cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts