Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Limited a week ago, and I guess this is where to post this.
It has the original tires that came with it when it was new and I am looking at replacing them before
winter.
The tires are Bridgestone Turanza's. I will be wanting to replace them with a good all season tire with
a good ride. I have not bought a set of new tires in quite some time so I have no idea of who has what
that is good.
I know enough to avoid wally world. I miss the good old days when I went to a friend who had a
gas station and he would always find me a nice set of tires!
Thanks in advance
TommyDodge

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
I stay with Michelins, because of long life and good traction. Goodyears give a softer ride and OK life.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Go to Tire Rack online and look up your vehicle. Look at all the options and reviews. Then try to find them locally or order them on that site. I ordered from them a year ago when I had to replace the tires on my GoMango Daytona. They shipped them within two days. All I had to do was take them to someplace and have them mounted,etc. I had a great experience with tirerack. But, at least you can look up whats out there and decide what you might want to purchase locally too. Its a good reference tool.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I had Hankook optimo h727's on my 05 grand caravan I loved them 100,000 mile tread life warrenty they tread water like its not there and the one time I drove in the snow with them I never sliped a tire. They are also cheaper then mowt other premium brands premium tire.
Mick

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,682 Posts
I bought a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Limited a week ago, and I guess this is where to post this.
It has the original tires that came with it when it was new and I am looking at replacing them before
winter.
The tires are Bridgestone Turanza's. I will be wanting to replace them with a good all season tire with
a good ride. I have not bought a set of new tires in quite some time so I have no idea of who has what
that is good.
I know enough to avoid wally world. I miss the good old days when I went to a friend who had a
gas station and he would always find me a nice set of tires!
Thanks in advance
TommyDodge
I just replaced the Kumho's on our '10 Journey with Firestone Affinity's (70K mile warranty) - nice ride and good dry/wet weather grip. I'll never go with Kumho's. While they had good grip, they wore out rather quickly (42K miles).

I stay with Michelins, because of long life and good traction. Goodyears give a softer ride and OK life.
I like Michelins for the longevity and good traction, but just could not afford to buy them. The OEM Michelins on my '06 Ram lasted 111K miles. My daughter had Good Years on her Neon - they barely lasted 36K miles - great grip (soft tire), but they don't last.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
BF Goodrich Traction T/A's if riding in the white stuff is important.

·
Radioactive
5,347 Posts
I have had great luck with 4 or 5 sets of Nokian all-weather tires on several different cars (not to be confused with all seasons). I have tried Hankook's version but they were not quite as good in snow.

Don't write off Goodyear ( or any other brand) based on the oem experience... They do make a wide range.

Buy the best tires you can afford. They are one of the most safety significant parts on the car.

·
Super Moderator
36,938 Posts
The premium Goodyear tires are nice, I ran the Goodyear Assurance ComforTreds on my 1999 and they wore very well until NTB failed to properly align the minivan after a strut replacement. They were smooth and quiet and awesome in the rain. Not much winter down here though. I put the Assurance TripleTreds on next because the Goodyear dealer had them in stock. Again, they wore well and were great in the rain but there were a little louder than the other tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts