Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im looking for some opinions on tires for my van, an 89 B250 conversion. I was looking at Goodyear Wranglers radials, and tracker 2, also Wrangler SRA. any suggestions for these or any other tires. size is P235/75/15. would LT tires be needed on a 3/4 ton conversion van? or would the P rating be ok

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Personally I'd stick with LT tires. The van is fairly heavy to start with and is probably heavier with the interior options put in, and if you have a van-full of people plus luggage then it's heavier still.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
I have to agree. Unless you can get an 8 ply heavy duty 75 series, LT truck tires, although not the most beautiful, will give you the peace of mind the tires aren't overloaded.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
At least you're not in my boat, stuck trying to find attractive tires for a 16.5" wheel... *grin*

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just installed four Kumho Road Venture APT KL51 LT 235/75/R15 on my 1989 B250 Road Trek conversion.

It's a heavy vehicle with lots of weight high up and when I drove it with the previous owner's P rated tires I felt a lot of pitching and rolling. I found myself unconsciously leaning into curves as if this would help keep the van upright.

With the new tires it feels a lot more sturdy.

They've got a nice tread pattern for the mostly summer highway driving I intend to do.

They're made in Vietnam and the on-line reviews are favourable but come from Europe and Australia.

For those of you in Canada I managed to get them for $137 each on-line from PMC Tire based out of Quebec (sears.com shows $190). They arrived the next day for only $5 shipping. Production date was week 48 of 2012 so they're quite fresh. Overall I was really happy with the experience and hope the tires last well.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I had BF Goodrich Long Trail TA's on my 2500 conversion when I had that and they were great tires that wore well .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts