Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With about 40,000 miles and 8 years on the Kelly tires, I am lookig atnew tires for my 98 GC (215/65R16). I have looked at C/R and read all the online reviews but would like some opinions from actual Grand Caravan owners. Since I am retired and livein a Chicago suburb, I am not too concerned about gas mileage but snow and water traction are important. I have read and heard that the Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads give good performance but are hell as far as noise. Then, there are the Pirellis and Michelins. Price is really not too important when the range is about $50 per tire.

So, has anybody had complaints, good experiences with their tire purchases?

Although I have not contributed lately (since selling the 89 Caravan) but have been reading the posts. My next venture will probably be to sell my 2004 supercharged Monte Carlo (19,000 miles) since my wife's and my lifestyle are changing. I think, here, anew Caravan is in order.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,678 Posts
The last tires I purchased for my now gone '00 T&C Ltd AWD were Firestone Firehawks - don't know if they are still available.

I just replaced the tires on our 2010 Journey SXT - went with Firestone Affinity's. So far they have worn well (10K miles so far), have good grip in wet/dry conditions and are quiet.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
I had BF Goodrich Traction T/A's on my 02 GC. Great in the sonw and rain. Got 60K out of them too,

·
Super Moderator
36,933 Posts
I had Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads on my 1999 Town and Country. They were great tires but were noisy. Because I lived in the South, I preferred the Goodyear Assurance Comfort Treads that were on it previously. The family member that now has the van went back to the Comfort Treads when the time came for tires.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I have heard and read that the Goodyear Triple Threads are noisey and from looking at the tire, the tread seems to be very aggressive. I have been considering the Pirellis since they were given high marks by C/R and just above the Goodyear Comforts. Currently, I have Kelley Explorers and I did notice the performace in the snow from the previous Pirellis since the ABS came on in less snow conditions with the Kelleys. (I don't hold C/R in too muh regard since they have a love affair with all things Toyota. I regard the Caravan superior after owning 2 and also driving my son's Sienna to compare.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts