Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, after 1 year and a half chasing a Dart at the car rental offices, today I get one!!! I am so excited!!
It is a 2.0 SXT with few optionals (i.e. the touch screen is missing) but still with bluetooth (I thought Uconnect was only attached to the touch screen).
First impressions after 1 hour ride:
+ great comfort, very silent, very roomy
+ great stereo
+ I like the responsiveness of the cruise control buttons
+ I like the commands behind the steering wheel, never had them before
+ good stability, need to check better on windy roads though

Little glitches:
- mileage on the highway does not seem good
- acceleration from 0 is not exciting but still not bad (anyways the Focus is better) and the engine sound is quite light.

In few words: the best auto I have driven in US in the last 18 months. I am really amazed!

Now I am even more willing to buy one! It's just a shame that the 2013 Darts are still expensive: it's hard to find something less then 13K at dealers that for me is too much if you consider with few grants you can get a new one....

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
Cool beans!! Yeah I thought that was true too about the Uconnect, but my car has the standard system with satellite radio and the uconnect. Mine has the 2.4, but those are the same little gripes I have with mine. BTW, you will love the car on a windy, twisty road. My Dart is one of the best handling cars I have ever driven.

·
Super Moderator
32,405 Posts
Is this an automatic or manual transmission?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Finally, after 1 year and a half chasing a Dart at the car rental offices, today I get one!!! I am so excited!!
It is a 2.0 SXT with few optionals (i.e. the touch screen is missing) but still with bluetooth (I thought Uconnect was only attached to the touch screen).
First impressions after 1 hour ride:
+ great comfort, very silent, very roomy
+ great stereo
+ I like the responsiveness of the cruise control buttons
+ I like the commands behind the steering wheel, never had them before
+ good stability, need to check better on windy roads though

Little glitches:
- mileage on the highway does not seem good
- acceleration from 0 is not exciting but still not bad (anyways the Focus is better) and the engine sound is quite light.

In few words: the best auto I have driven in US in the last 18 months. I am really amazed!

Now I am even more willing to buy one! It's just a shame that the 2013 Darts are still expensive: it's hard to find something less then 13K at dealers that for me is too much if you consider with few grants you can get a new one....
Sounds like the perfect set up. I wouldn't touch a Focus with the Power Shift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts