Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
It is a Jeep Compass with Alfa styling.

Yes, they probably worked on the suspension to give it better handling.

We know that Stellantis had to improve the inferior FCA hybrid system because it was class lagging.

No Quadrifoglio version. If they are actually planning a Dodge version, it better have the equivalent to a Q version.

Reactions: David S

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
It is not a Jeep Compass because it won't need the offroad requirements of the Jeep Compass, and it will be tuned as an Alfa.
Just because it is based on the same platform, it doesn't mean it is a Jeep Compass. By your line of reasoning, it is just a Fiat Tipo. Or if we go far back in time, it is just a Fiat Punto.

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
It is not a Jeep Compass because it won't need the offroad requirements of the Jeep Compass, and it will be tuned as an Alfa.
Just because it is based on the same platform, it doesn't mean it is a Jeep Compass. By your line of reasoning, it is just a Fiat Tipo. Or if we go far back in time, it is just a Fiat Punto.
Since the Compass does not have very good off-road qualities, they failed in that department.

Hopefully, they tune things better for Alfa's needs than they did for Jeep's needs.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Since the Compass does not have very good off-road qualities, they failed in that department.

Hopefully, they tune things better for Alfa's needs than they did for Jeep's needs.
The compass does well for its class. It’s only downfall is it’s powertrain.

Why topics like these always end up being a Diss to FCA, why can’t this be just purely about Alfa and the site of a new model in testing?!

·
Registered
14,009 Posts

Why topics like these always end up being a Diss to FCA, why can’t this be just purely about Alfa and the site of a new model in testing?!
Now that we see mules out there, we know it is real, unlike the dozens of other "predictions" that never came through.

But, you need to understand that FCA does not have a good track record launching new vehicles. Almost every new launch under FCA was botched in some way. It is something that happens occasionally to every manufacturer, but FCA seems to have the smooth launch as the exception rather than the other way around.

So, please try to understand the skepticism until we actually see the specifications and get some real reviews (not the paid press reviews).

·
Jeepaholic
5,927 Posts
That first pic with the blue background makes it look like it’s under water. Not a good look, like it’s already sunken.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts

Its only downfall is the engine and transmission. Its only downfall is job 1. Give me a good engine and transmission and I will take cheap hard plastics everywhere except the steering wheel and armrests.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So Alfa really needs to bring it! There are strong competitors out and I hope they took time to go over every detail. It's not just the Germans but the Japanese luxury cars and with that new Genesis GV70 coming out...... I'm sure performance is gonna be great but that can't be just it. It has to hit every target: style/presence, reliability, innovative and powerful powertrains, driving dynamics, technologically advanced, dealer network. I know they can!!! It's within the family of Stellantis.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
So Alfa really needs to bring it! There are strong competitors out and I hope they took time to go over every detail. It's not just the Germans but the Japanese luxury cars and with that new Genesis GV70 coming out...... I'm sure performance is gonna be great but that can't be just it. It has to hit every target: style/presence, reliability, innovative and powerful powertrains, driving dynamics, technologically advanced, dealer network. I know they can!!! It's within the family of Stellantis.
Genesis has no Competitor to this

·
Registered
14,009 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
515 Posts
I guess that makes all of the botched FCA launches OK.
No wonder insiders left this site.
Tell me right where in my original comment I said FCA didn't have any botched launches.
Here, I'll even re-quote it for you:
At this point, Ford's also got one heck of botch stretch. I haven't heard of Ford not botching a launch since the 2020 Explorer.... I heard even the F-150 had a botched launch.
Find in that comment where I said "FCA never has a botched launch".
FCA wasn't even mentioned.
It's all about another automaker who also HAS PROBLEMS LAUNCHING CARS AS OF LATE.
I love to troll too, but holy cow, I atleast try to make it make sense.

·
Super Moderator
38,041 Posts
No wonder insiders left this site.
Tell me right where in my original comment I said FCA didn't have any botched launches.
Here, I'll even re-quote it for you:

Find in that comment where I said "FCA never has a botched launch".
FCA wasn't even mentioned.
It's all about another automaker who also HAS PROBLEMS LAUNCHING CARS AS OF LATE.
I love to troll too, but holy cow, I atleast try to make it make sense.
And this excuse/deflection for FCA's past problems of "well, other have problems too" does nothing to help address Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep's quality problems. Problems that go back further than than FCA.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Talking about past issues does not fix future ones. Perhaps talking heads should go work for Stellantis if they want to make a difference.

Griping on forums does nothing.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
515 Posts
And this excuse/deflection for FCA's past problems of "well, other have problems too" does nothing to help address Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep's quality problems. Problems that go back further than than FCA.
Is it deflection because you want it to be, or is it because you seriously think I'm deflecting away from the same company that launched a compact sedan in the 2010's with a manual transmission only first, the one transmission barely anyone wants anymore?
This is a forum about Mopar, yes. But, I also see posts about Hyundai's, GM, and oh yeah, Ford too.
C'mon now. The intent was to add to a conversation, not to deflect to make people get into a tizzy about letters typed on a keyboard.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts