Allpar Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,511 Posts
Launching the Dart with a manual transmission first was done for a specific purpose which made sense, regardless of the cirticism that followed. Anyway, would you have wanted the magazines' first impressions to be with the DDCT?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
No wonder insiders left this site.
Tell me right where in my original comment I said FCA didn't have any botched launches.
Here, I'll even re-quote it for you:

Find in that comment where I said "FCA never has a botched launch".
FCA wasn't even mentioned.
It's all about another automaker who also HAS PROBLEMS LAUNCHING CARS AS OF LATE.
I love to troll too, but holy cow, I atleast try to make it make sense.
The typical tactic of the "FCA can do no wrong" crowd and Sergio worshippers is to deflect by bringing up an issue with another manufacturer instead of addressing the issue with FCA.

Oh, and you're not an insider either. ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Genesis has no Competitor to this
Just something in my opinion that it might be cross shopped with because the Genesis will definitely be cross shopped with Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus as well as the Acura and Infiniti. So since the Alfa is among these it would only make sense of course in my opinion.

Genesis is a far younger brand yet it reaching very far already.

Alfa has what it takes it just needs to deliver!

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
532 Posts
Launching the Dart with a manual transmission first was done for a specific purpose which made sense, regardless of the cirticism that followed. Anyway, would you have wanted the magazines' first impressions to be with the DDCT?
62TE should've been a base model transmission.
Why they had to be all fancy "in the name of fuel efficiency" is hilarious when the 62 easily could've been a 72 and given them a better ratio for fuel economy but whatever.
The typical tactic of the "FCA can do no wrong" crowd and Sergio worshippers is to deflect by bringing up an issue with another manufacturer instead of addressing the issue with FCA.

Oh, and you're not an insider either. ;)
Never said I was an insider.
But, here we go again, putting words into my comments that don't exist in any way, shape, or form.
Am I talking to car enthusiasts about cars or am I talking to people in a forum about FCA's mismanagement 24/7?

·
Registered
14,115 Posts
62TE should've been a base model transmission.
Why they had to be all fancy "in the name of fuel efficiency" is hilarious when the 62 easily could've been a 72 and given them a better ratio for fuel economy but whatever.

But, here we go again, putting words into my comments that don't exist in any way, shape, or form.
Am I talking to car enthusiasts about cars or am I talking to people in a forum about FCA's mismanagement 24/7?
Difficult to be an enthusiast when the FCA mismanagement leads to almost no new products.

Maybe discussing the connection is not out of bounds?

Go look at Ford and Hyundai/Kia. They have new product introductions nearly every month or two.

At least the PSA side is active and give us some hope that the mismanagement is about to end

Reactions: David S

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
532 Posts
Difficult to be an enthusiast when the FCA mismanagement leads to almost no new products.

Go look at Ford and Hyundai/Kia. They have new product introductions nearly every month or two.

At least the PSA side is active and give us some hope that the mismanagement is about to end
Difficult to be an enthusiast?
As someone that brings up that past nearly every comment Erik, it shouldn't be this difficult to talk about the past Chrysler Corp cars like a few still do, with passion that should've been the reason we're all here to begin with.
I don't like beating/focusing on the past that isn't good, but that's difficult to avoid when that's what every forum post ends up going towards.
That Chrysler Corp hasn't been a thing since 1996. The ways we think on how they ran smarter back then is not how it has been run by those who've buy Chrysler actually do it.
It's always has been out of our control.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
532 Posts

I can look a bunch of company's that aren't Chrysler do things that Chrysler does not. It helps them when people don't buy their company to just milk it raw.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Difficult to be an enthusiast?
As someone that brings up that past nearly every comment Erik, it shouldn't be this difficult to talk about the past Chrysler Corp cars like a few still do, with passion that should've been the reason we're all here to begin with.
I don't like beating/focusing on the past that isn't good, but that's difficult to avoid when that's what every forum post ends up going towards.
That Chrysler Corp hasn't been a thing since 1996. The ways we think on how they ran smarter back then is not how it has been run by those who've buy Chrysler actually do it.
It's always has been out of our control.
I can look a bunch of company's that aren't Chrysler do things that Chrysler does not. It helps them when people don't buy their company to just milk it raw.
After 11 years of Fiat mismanagement the blame Daimler argument doesn't work anymore.

·
Super Moderator
38,113 Posts
Only YOU can decide which conversations you are in.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
532 Posts
After 11 years of Fiat mismanagement the blame Daimler argument doesn't work anymore.
Correct, which is why here was a Chrysler, LLC that Fiat s.P.a. ended up buying between 2009 & 2014.
Of which fits the "companies buying a company to milk it raw" line.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,511 Posts
No... Fiat put gobs of cash and time into Chrysler, especially in the early days. It was Daimler that slowly stripped Chrylser of assets and laid off most of the engineers. Fiat hired an awful lot of engineers and factory workers in (in order) the US and Canada and Mexico.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
No, you didn't say you were an insider. You compared yourself to the insiders that left. See the post I replied to below. As far as the topics that get discussed on the forum go, if you don't want to talk about FCA's mismanagement, don't comment on those posts. It's that simple. There would probably be less FCA mismanagement discussion if there was anything new to talk about. There is only so many times a person can comment about the Wagoneer and Grand Cherokee, and other than that there isn't much new to talk about.

No wonder insiders left this site.

·
Jeepaholic
5,939 Posts
No, you didn't say you were an insider. You compared yourself to the insiders that left. See the post I replied to below. As far as the topics that get discussed on the forum go, if you don't want to talk about FCA's mismanagement, don't comment on those posts. It's that simple. There would probably be less FCA mismanagement discussion if there was anything new to talk about. There is only so many times a person can comment about the Wagoneer and Grand Cherokee, and other than that there isn't much new to talk about.
Which is why we end up talking about...ahem...Fords...ahem...quite a bit around here. :D

Hopefully with the new management, that's going to change...though probably not for a couple of years, and the chip shortage ain't helping anything either. Till then, hurry up and wait.

·
Registered
14,115 Posts
The "insiders" were so wrong that they had very little credibility remaining.

Did they leave or lose our trust?

Some of the "insiders" just did not want to hear any critique of management decisions. Allpar is not a blind follower site. We all love the brands, but we are realistic, grounded and do not tolerate ignorance and blind fandom.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
532 Posts
Stating that insiders left wasn't in any relation to me leaving. Far from it.
It's in relation to the fact I see questions posted about '01 PT Cruisers, posts about old literature from an ol' tech class in the 1950's. But give those posts time, you, Erik, and David will all start posting about how bad FCA mismanagement is. Because that's all you guys will ever talk about.
The opinion of "I'm right, you're wrong" is absolutely terrible to have, and I've admitted on here I've been wrong. You guys never believe it.
Posts, comments, and replies have been made by people that never bring up Sergio or FCA management by people who add actual input into the posts on topics of not just Mopar, but the other OE's too.
Allpar's supposed to be a place to learn about Mopar and ask questions related to it. Not the same 3 people invading posts spraying "FCA is terrible" throughout.
Also, there's always something more then those 2. Hot topics are hot topics, and the Wagoneer and Grand Cherokee's are hot topics. Not like either has history..... not that anyone would ever know at a Mopar forum anymore.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Stating that insiders left wasn't in any relation to me leaving. Far from it.
It's in relation to the fact I see questions posted about '01 PT Cruisers, posts about old literature from an ol' tech class in the 1950's. But give those posts time, you, Erik, and David will all start posting about how bad FCA mismanagement is. Because that's all you guys will ever talk about.
The opinion of "I'm right, you're wrong" is absolutely terrible to have, and I've admitted on here I've been wrong. You guys never believe it.
Posts, comments, and replies have been made by people that never bring up Sergio or FCA management by people who add actual input into the posts on topics of not just Mopar, but the other OE's too.
Allpar's supposed to be a place to learn about Mopar and ask questions related to it. Not the same 3 people invading posts spraying "FCA is terrible" throughout.
Also, there's always something more then those 2. Hot topics are hot topics, and the Wagoneer and Grand Cherokee's are hot topics. Not like either has history..... not that anyone would ever know at a Mopar forum anymore.
I don't go into the posts about '01 PT Cruisers because its a topic I'm not interested in. You could try the same thing...not going to threads you're not interested in, rather than complaining about discussions you don't care about.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
532 Posts
I don't go into the posts about '01 PT Cruisers because its a topic I'm not interested in. You could try the same thing...not going to threads you're not interested in, rather than complaining about discussions you don't care about.
Wish I could, but people have decided to take it upon themselves to take a comment completely out of context and paint me as the bad guy. I was interested in this topic before this type-fest got unleashed.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts