Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife too the 200 to LA and back, about 500 miles round trip and she mentioned to me that she thinks the car is too fast!! She it just wants to go! She wanted to know why it was so powerful, I told her that I got the V6 model, she [SIZE=10.5pt]promptly stated that I should have gotten the 4cyl!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]How can you have too much power?? :facepalm: [/SIZE]

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
It's better than being underpowered, in my opinion. And I don't think the 4 would be underpowered in the 200 unless you have some serious weight in there along with it.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
It is possible to have too much power.

I wouldn't want to try to drive "Hemi Under Glass" on the street.

That's about it though...

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
The 2.4 liter has a LOT of get up and go in my 200. I've had it up to 100 mph and it still had a lot of pedal left. The wife got ticked off at me, so I slowed it back down to 70. Some people are just a buzz kill to ride with! LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also bought my wife a v6 200. I drive it often and find it very quick. I grew up driving a '68 340 cuda formula s, and a 70 challenger 340 4 speed. The 200 is quicker than both, and road tests support that. I also believe that it can never be too fast, but that's me. I think the rumoured 3.2 with a 9 speed set up for good gas mileage is the correct thinking and should still be more than adequate for most drivers.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I miss has fast my Avenger was it would have run circles around my truck kind of like my wife's 3.6L van can.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
Kinda funny, I made a mistake of telling my mom how quick my car is. Now every time she knows I am going somewhere she tells me not to speed. LOL!!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JA Cumbo said:
Kinda funny, I made a mistake of telling my mom how quick my car is. Now every time she knows I am going somewhere she tells me not to speed. LOL!!
That sounds like my mother! She is always telling me drive slower!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Jaime said:
That sounds like my mother! She is always telling me drive slower!
Funny, my mother is the lead foot in the family. And the fastest car she's ever had/driven that I know she did is the car she has now, a V6 06 Charger. I can't imagine how fast and hard she'd have driven my GTX if I had let her...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
My wife is the leadfoot in our bunch so her Journey has the four. Lol. Plenty adequate, easy to work on after the warranty is up too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts