Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

One of the spots for menu icons along the bottom of the screen (eg, radio, media, climate...) is now blank. I cannot populate that block no matter what I try. It appears that two icons have become stacked in one spot (ie, trying to move climate into the blank space just makes "climate" become "media", as if climate had the media button under it, and moving just rotates between them).

I've tried the reset options under settings to no effect. Thoughts?

2018 Jeep Compass with 8.4" Nav touchscreen.

Many thanks

·
KOG
7,077 Posts
First step for anything electronic: power on reset. Unplug the entire thing (it's memory constant power lead is the one that the ignition doesn't switch off) and let it sit for some reasonable time. If that doesn't heal it you may have a problem.

Reactions: Tony K

·
Registered
170 Posts
Disconnecting the power is good advice, but before doing that you should try to reset the uConnect, here's the procedure:

1. Put your vehicle into accessories mode (push start button once without having your foot on the brake)

2. Hold down the Green Phone and Voice Recognition buttons for 30 seconds (push the buttons immediately after pushing the start button, before the Uconnect system has a chance to fully boot).

3. Let go of the two buttons.

4. Turn vehicle off and wait for the Uconnect screen to go black.

5. Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds.

6. Close driver’s side door.

7. Restart vehicle.

8. Let the uConnect system load up and see if the concern is still present.

·
Super Moderator
21,630 Posts
Is the Compass still under the 3/36 warranty? There were software updates for these. See p. 3 below on how to access your current radio software version level.

Here it should be v21.9. If not, it would require a service dept appointment:

This update is still more recent (to v23.02.30.10):

There are also possible control module updates to address diagnostics, shift quality, dashboard control behavior and driveline behavior. Get all updates completed at a single visit, if you can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts