Allpar Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Toyota shows that it hopes its vehicles last longer than the competition. They know who they are....quality, reliability and safety. So, actions like this demonstrate they are not pursuing short-term gains and profits but long term reputation and stability in the market.

·
Registered
156 Posts
IIRC Al Bundy almost got a new Viper when his "mighty Dodge" rolled over the million mile mark. Alas, he fell asleep guarding it and it rolled out the garage and the rollover moment was missed. Does that count? :)

• Haha
Reactions: GoManGo0406

·
Registered
2011 Challenger R/T Classic
1,129 Posts
Instead of looking at ONE specimen of a million-mile truck, apparently they need to start opening social media accounts so they can see all the real world problems with the new truck. The new truck is a disaster. Turbo issues, electrical issues, random CELs of all kinds, trucks stalling and dying, infotainment issues, tailgates that won't open, etc. etc. From an article I saw, their sales are dropping also.

·
Jeepaholic
6,958 Posts
Instead of looking at ONE specimen of a million-mile truck, apparently they need to start opening social media accounts so they can see all the real world problems with the new truck. The new truck is a disaster. Turbo issues, electrical issues, random CELs of all kinds, trucks stalling and dying, infotainment issues, tailgates that won't open, etc. etc. From an article I saw, their sales are dropping also.
For a second, I thought you were describing Jeeps………oooooooof.

• Haha
Reactions: Erik Latranyi

·
Registered
1970 Plymouth Duster 340, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
174 Posts
For a second, I thought you were describing Jeeps………oooooooof.
Funny, our Wrangler 4XE has been perfect with the exception of a busted wiper linkage. Over a year in now and it's been great.

·
Jeepaholic
6,958 Posts
Funny, our Wrangler 4XE has been perfect with the exception of a busted wiper linkage. Over a year in now and it's been great.
Very glad to hear that! Reading the comments in the forums about the electrical issues, misaligned panels, stalling, and UConnect crashing can make one a little wary about buying a Jeep, so it’s good to hear the success stories as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah, for all the hype about Toyota, last year when my wife decided it was time to get a bigger SUV since she's been having health issues and trouble getting in/out of other vehicles, we narrowed our search down to a Toyota Highlander and the Dodge Durango. We looked at, and test drove, both models in V6 AWD configuration. My wife is kind of tall, and we were not impressed with the driver's seating room, even with wheel adjusted up and seat back. Also, we were NOT a fan of the styling on the Highlander. Since buying the DD, I've seen a few recalls on the Toyota, plus if you read the issues posted on the Toyota forums, owners have plenty of complaints there as well. So far, it's been over a year of ownership on the DD, and my only "issue" has been a screw in the left rear tire, which was patched.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Just a small message: After much thought, I've decided not to make renderings anymore. I've just finished my last one and realized, that 1. I'm not super good at them anyway, 2. Hardly anyone sees them or cares. There are more well-known artists that get put into articles and get likes - such as Kleber Silva, etc.
and 3. No one would pay attention to car renders made by an Indian incel. I'm already ignored in other ways anyway, and when I do get noticed, I'm always in trouble frequently and/or over small things.

4. My ideas won't do anything for the auto industry, so I'm just wasting my energy.

Sorry.

(Posting here because it's a Toyota).

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yet the dopes at Consumer Reports have already made it the only truck they Recommend besides Ram lol. Toyota definitely gets mileage from their (extremely overrated in my opinion) reputation for Quality. Totally Loving my Durango also. Over 12k trouble free miles in 9 months.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yet the dopes at Consumer Reports have already made it the only truck they Recommend besides Ram lol. Toyota definitely gets mileage from their (extremely overrated in my opinion) reputation for Quality. Totally Loving my Durango also. Over 12k trouble free miles in 9 months.
That is one of the reasons I quit subscribing to that RAG many years ago! Unless it is some rice-burner or a kimchee-burner, NO BUENO! Especially if it is any kind of Mopar product. Don't get me wrong, Mopar has had its share of issues over the years, but so have the others, and they rarely seem to get called out or dinged for it by CR. Subarus with their head gasket issues, Toyota has had its share of stuff lately, and don't get me started on the HUGE number of recalls and defects on Kia/Hyundais. Issues with numerous fires, brakes, etc. And it's not just cars. When I would read a review on appliances, whether it was a simple vacuum cleaner, or a refrigerator, rarely would the review match my experience if I actually bought that make/model, or after doing further research I would discover real-world reviews indicating a far better product. Same thing with tires. You want real-world feedback on tires, go to both Tire Rack and Discount Tire and look not only at reviews of a particular brand/model of tire, but narrow it to people who drive the same/similar vehicle as yours, and if you live up north, disregard any reviews from places like FL or TX if you want to see how it performs in snow/ice.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
40,241 Posts
When I would read a review on appliances, whether it was a simple vacuum cleaner, or a refrigerator, rarely would the review match my experience if I actually bought that make/model...
I invariably had the worst possible luck with anything I bought on their recommendation, from stereo receivers to vacuums. One thing I noticed early on was that they didn't test product support at all. I can call out 1980s Onkyo and 1990s Toshiba as examples, while Pioneer stood behind everything surprisingly well.

Go back to the 1990s and look at their reviews of the neon - they did it three times in one year, each time successively worse. It was the quickest car in its class, with the most power, and they complained about its "anemic engine." The Sundance/Shadow comparison only had "bad things" highlighted by photos while the pics of the Japanese and Ford cars were only good things. Yes, you can hit yourself in the head with the door or trunk lid, if you try hard enough... and they whined about the foot parking brake even though only 2% of the cars sold were manual transmissions.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts