Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if you can track the progress of an ordered vehicle? I found these two links (below) from 2018 on another forum and have been periodically checking but no news about a Pacifica I ordered over 2 months ago. I realize there have been significant shutdowns.

I used the VIN along with the following URL to obtain the build sheet for my custom order.
http://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=<your_vin_here
To View your Window Sticker use the following URL.
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=<your_vin_here

·
Super Moderator
38,715 Posts
You used to be able to online, but I think that was disabled some time ago and now only the dealer can track for you.

Windsor has been closed since March 29 and remains idle for this week.They seem to be announcing the shutdowns a week at a time. Based on past announcements, I'd expect them to announce another week of closure today or tomorrow. I wonder if your build ever got started?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I ordered a Jeep Gladiator again on May 4, 2021. My dealer gave a VON (vehicle order number). A few days later he gave me the VIN. Once I had the VIN, I have been able to use the chat feature on the Jeep website to ask about status of my build. The customer service reps will tell you which phase of the assembly process your order is in at any given time. I even have an estimated date of shipment from the factory to the dealership.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer told me it was in 'Trim' about 3 weeks ago. I realize the plant isn't operating and expect everything is at a standstill.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That was a fast VON VIN turnaround. Rubicon VLS VIN Track is the site that gives me updates. Usually you click the Status links for KZ vehicles on the dealer website.

I can resubmit a tracking request on my own KZ stock but they may check the order to match the dealer. I would require the VIN and VON. They ask for my dealer code so that may knock me off track. Pretty much I'm taking the link after loading my order and swapping the VON and VIN to see what happens. Seeing what sort of java and cookie mess I can create.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Anyone know if you can track the progress of an ordered vehicle? I found these two links (below) from 2018 on another forum and have been periodically checking but no news about a Pacifica I ordered over 2 months ago. I realize there have been significant shutdowns.

I used the VIN along with the following URL to obtain the build sheet for my custom order.
http://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=<your_vin_here
To View your Window Sticker use the following URL.
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=<your_vin_here
Maybe good news for you. It appears Windsor will run next week. Don't really know how much or for how long but Windsor will be running some production next week for the 1st time in 2 months. Both shifts recalled at Windsor Assembly partial week

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's good for me and the recalled workers. It's amazing how empty all dealer lots are right now. Parts guy at ford dealer told me he has 30% of ordered parts backordered. this is going to take a lot of time.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
15,058 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dealer told me it was in 'Trim' about 3 weeks ago. I realize the plant isn't operating and expect everything is at a standstill.
Hi - I know they've been shut down a lot..... I ordered in March.. finally 8/13/21 they said "trim" status, then told me today, 2 weeks later.. 8/27 that it was in fact Sent Out 8/13 to a different place to have the tow hitch installed an no other info. yet. Curious - when did you finally get yours?!

·
Registered
3 Posts
guess Chrysler not giving us any more money for the 'wait' or inconvenience!! just read comment on article in Windsor newspaper... guy just had his order cancelled by Chrysler and said he could order a '22 for about 10K more... He's now going to buy a Toyota Sienna.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I received it about 3 months ago. All the incentives that were in place when I ordered it were gone so the price went up significantly but the value of my trade also went up and the dealer sold it to me for a little less than $1000 higher than the original estimated price (including trade). He told me the 75,000 pacifica limited trade would sell quickly. I felt fortunate to receive the van. Dealer said Pacificas had been a particularly hard vehicle to get.
Am I understanding this correctly? The 2022 Pacificas are $10K higher than the 2021 vans?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up my new Pacifica Limited on Sat. 9/11/21 :) Yay!!! It's the "Ocean Blue" color, so pretty.
We ordered it on March 31... The first actual notification that I got (or I had to call, the Sales Manager..) that it was actually Being Built!, was around Aug. 5th. Then I finally found out on Aug. 14th that it was done and sent over to a Chrysler place where they install extra equipment (my towing receiver) and after another 2 weeks went by, it was finally "shipped". But that only gets it as far as OH at some shipping distribution hub while they find someone to drive the trucks to the dealers. I think it got here Sept. 9th, and we picked it up Sat. Sept. 11th. But I am totally in Love with this new van... It's one month and just over 1K miles already.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts