Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far, has anybody been able to confirm whether or not the transfer case on this model has a neutral position?

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
From what I've read, admittedly all of it on Allpar, it doesn't have a traditional transfer case because it's a principally-FWD vehicle.

This is a guess, but I would imagine that the layout of the 4wd system will be more like the Patriot or like the Pacifica, probably with beefed up stuff and using ABS braking for stability control to reduce wheelspin. Again, this is just a guess.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
According to the diagrams and interpretations, it will have some sort of gear reduction, but no neutral and it's NOT a transfer case, Jeep calls it a PTO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Norm is correct, not a traditional transfer case but a PTO from the 9spd transmission. Includes Rear Axle Disconnect for free-wheeling on all 4x4 models (from what I've read)

JS

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
AdventurerSport said:
Norm is correct, not a traditional transfer case but a PTO from the 9spd transmission. Includes Rear Axle Disconnect for free-wheeling on all 4x4 models (from what I've read)

JS
Jeep is now calling it a PTU, power transfer unit.

·
reports allpar as spammer
1 Posts
I, too, am interested in the neutral position tranfer case. I would like to tow this vehicle 4WD automatic as a dingy 4-wheels down behind my motorhome. Any thoughts about this?

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you go to: Jeep.com under Cherokee capability: Quote" The Jeep Active Drive ll 4 X4 system with low-range is great for rock crawling and has a neutral mode for flat towing behing an RV " Unquote.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts