Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to do a transmission "flush" after I drop the pan and change the filter on a 2001 PT Cruiser. This is where you pull the "supply" line from the radiator, run the car for a few minutes to pump out some of the old fluid while pouring new fluid in. I looked under the car and saw where the transmission lines go into the radiator. However, does anyone know which one is the "supply" and which one is the "return"? According to my info, I want to utilize the supply line in order to do this flush.

Thanks...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Pull off the radiator the most convenient hose. Then put your collection vessel under both the radiator connector and the end of the loose hose. The fluid will come out of one or the other. Then reconnect and refill.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
its best to get the return line.
- this will also flush the cooler.

·
Super Moderator
21,364 Posts
The transaxle fitting closest to the engine is fluid out to the cooler and the fitting closest to the driver's side is fluid in.
The cooler should be reverse-flushed as any particle lodging may not push out with fluid going the normal direction. Then the cooler should be flow checked by watching a good stream exiting the cooler into a pan. Being in Neutral will increase the flow more than Park. Be sure the chock the wheels and set the parking brake when leaving it in Neutral.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts