Not much news for today, except I test drove the car without the AC on and my low speed shudder seems to be gone now. Either it was the old transmission, or the engine's off center and there's a worn CV joint riding differently than it used to. Will check centering tomorrow and see if it's in spec. If it is, the left side axle from the parts car goes in. Not sure if I want to mess with the intermediary shaft on the right side, so I'll probably go new if that one's worn. Should probably go new on both sides.
The last few pictures:
Packed the solenoid pack connector with this to insure no water gets in there.
I had to loosen that bolt under the DRL module to get enough clearance to swap the transmission.
Only one trim clip for the splash guard was reusable. Good thing I had a lot of new ones.
Me trying to install new studs without bolting in the strut first. Not such a good idea. Got one done like this, then just put the rest in loose until the axle and strut was back in. Then I went at them with the 2' breaker bar and crowbar. That got them in snug.
Duct tape handle for pulling the fuel pump relay during the transmission flush. Should have used the ASD relay, but I was tired and hungry at the time.
Flushing supplies. I pulled 200mL out of one of the jugs of fluid, did my 3.8 liter initial fill, then flushed until I hit the 6 liter mark in the bucket.
To make things more visible, I put some duct tape on the bucket at the 6L mark.
Found a rapid flow funnel at Walmart and decided it might be worth the money. It was. My measuring funnel doesn't dump fluid in there fast enough for a flush. That said, this thing didn't really flow much faster than a normal transmission funnel.