Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the recent stylesheet changes you mentioned (just to give a timeframe reference), I have been having difficulties access allpar via my mobile browser. It is Android JellyBean (4.2.2), running the Chrome browser. I am specifically getting DNS Resolution failures. Were any changes made around your DNS Servers that you know of? Just trying to get a handle on if this is something on my end, something on your end, or something in between.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mentalicca said:
After the recent stylesheet changes you mentioned (just to give a timeframe reference), I have been having difficulties access allpar via my mobile browser. It is Android JellyBean (4.2.2), running the Chrome browser. I am specifically getting DNS Resolution failures. Were any changes made around your DNS Servers that you know of? Just trying to get a handle on if this is something on my end, something on your end, or something in between.

Thanks.
I forgot to mention I am on the Verizon network. But this occurs even when I am on a Wi-Fi connection.

·
Administrator
35,285 Posts
No, the changes certainly should not affect DNS. I suspect it's an issue with Verizon's DNS servers that will work itself out sooner or later. Though that's bad.

I'll check the DNS entries to make sure.

PS> Try using OpenDNS for a while to see if that helps? Just replace the current DNS address with
  • 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave said:
No, the changes certainly should not affect DNS. I suspect it's an issue with Verizon's DNS servers that will work itself out sooner or later. Though that's bad.

I'll check the DNS entries to make sure.

PS> Try using OpenDNS for a while to see if that helps? Just replace the current DNS address with
  • 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
I had a feeling that might have been the case. I'll give that a shot to see if it helps any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts