Allpar Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,813 Posts
I have sold thousands of cars, 99% of them have never had an issue with the stitching, but there have been some that have and that is straight out of the factory. Problems happen, everything isn't going to be perfect, doesn't mean it doesn't occur though or shouldn't be pointed out when it does, which was basically Mr. Source's point earlier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,299 Posts
JRS200x said:
I really didn't think the Cherokee review was all that negative. He took a picture of the stitching, it was awful, he was right in pointing it out. He didn't like the way the 9 speed acted, he wrote about it, its AN OPINION PIECE. A lot of people on these forums get defensive WAYYYY too quickly. I am pretty sure none of you (or close to it) have drive the new Cherokee, and therefore really have no way to say he is wrong.

I LOVE the 8 speed in the Chargers, but I have had multiple customers who think it shifts way too much and hunts for gears a lot. Does that make them wrong? No, it just means they have different tastes from me. The review really wasn't even all that negative, he praised the 3.2L, he praised its off road capability, praised Uconnect, etc etc.

Take a deep breath and realize not everyone will have the same opinion as you and is allowed to have their say so as well. You didn't really think we were going to get 100% positive reviews of the Cherokee did you? If Allpar was reviewing the Rav4 or CRV something tells me it wouldn't be glowing either...
Well said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,402 Posts
billfrombuckhead said:
TTAC is better than they used to be.
Yes but thats like saying the local landfill stinks less than it used to. Its still garbage.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
35,562 Posts
Now, y'see... I would agree with "TTAC is better than they used to be." (partly because I really loved that article on the DetNews reviewer) except that they dragged Allpar through the mud.

Unless they were trying to do us a favor by giving us some publicity...

That article was every bit as truthful as all those pieces that picked up Bloomberg's "Chrysler will also make Jeeps in China" piece and converted it to "Chrysler moving all Jeep production to China!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
MoparNorm said:
???
A company that uses "reject" parts for shows and press evaluation vehicles, is a company that won't be in business very long.
Think about it, these vehicles are supposed to be your best effort, not a corner cutting budget effort.
The press will destroy you before you ever get off the ground.
Neither option makes sense and someone at Chrysler simply failed to perform their job properly...or the wheel was damaged by a test driver from the Press Corp.
Just as an FYI,

We had a pile of parts here for the Cherokees for the cancelled press event. One thing that was in the pile of Parts was probably about 7 steering wheels that looked like they were ready to bolt in. IMO, they are VERY aware of the importance of a steering wheel to the initial impression of a vehicle, so much so that they keep extras on hand to swap out if the ones in the vehicles being tested get "damaged"

Supplied without comment on the quality issue. Just illustrating that they DO know how important the wheel is...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,402 Posts
Dave said:
Now, y'see... I would agree with "TTAC is better than they used to be." (partly because I really loved that article on the DetNews reviewer) except that they dragged Allpar through the mud.

Unless they were trying to do us a favor by giving us some publicity...

That article was every bit as truthful as all those pieces that picked up Bloomberg's "Chrysler will also make Jeeps in China" piece and converted it to "Chrysler moving all Jeep production to China!"
Oh dont even get me started on the Jeep to China thing. Not to get political bye anymeans but Im on the right and when I saw that I almost left a handprint on my forehead :lol: I refuse to even give TTAC the web traffic. They may be getting better but im just burnt on them! They are hack auto journalist somewhere below Autoblog!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,291 Posts
Jeepnut said:
They are hack auto journalist somewhere below Autoblog!
I enjoy reading Autoblog but some of the mindless drivel and bias they post / report on makes me want to punch my monitor sometimes.

As far as automotive journalists in general, they all seem to be very "Bandwagony" if you would. If one critic raves about the new Schmoyobaro Microwave, they all will. If another throws the new Honsubazord Refrigerator to the wolves, so will the rest. This isn't Chrysler (or ANY) manufacturer specific.

The fact that nobody else commented on the steering wheel condition in the Cherokee leads me to believe it was a bad wheel that was replaced or saw no other hands after the TTAC review. Trust me, with as nitpicky as these auto journalists are over the smallest things (while leaving huge issues untouched), I'd be shocked if anyone else drove it and did NOT comment on it.

I'd have nothing negative to say about it, but yeah, they seemed to drag Allpar through the wringer simply based off Dave's comment that was tounge-in-cheek. They can't detect sarcasm to save their lives apparently, and took great offense to a sarcastic statement made in no official capacity on an Internet forum. I guess I should watch what I say or they'll write a negative story about me next.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,402 Posts
Tomguy said:
I enjoy reading Autoblog but some of the mindless drivel and bias they post / report on makes me want to punch my monitor sometimes.

As far as automotive journalists in general, they all seem to be very "Bandwagony" if you would. If one critic raves about the new Schmoyobaro Microwave, they all will. If another throws the new Honsubazord Refrigerator to the wolves, so will the rest. This isn't Chrysler (or ANY) manufacturer specific.

The fact that nobody else commented on the steering wheel condition in the Cherokee leads me to believe it was a bad wheel that was replaced or saw no other hands after the TTAC review. Trust me, with as nitpicky as these auto journalists are over the smallest things (while leaving huge issues untouched), I'd be shocked if anyone else drove it and did NOT comment on it.

I'd have nothing negative to say about it, but yeah, they seemed to drag Allpar through the wringer simply based off Dave's comment that was tounge-in-cheek. They can't detect sarcasm to save their lives apparently, and took great offense to a sarcastic statement made in no official capacity on an Internet forum. I guess I should watch what I say or they'll write a negative story about me next.
Thats kinda my issue with the whole article they knew they were preproduction vehicles yet thwy wanna show every fault. Its not really fair to admit that and then ding Chrysler on every little thing. Just goes back to my original comment about them being hacks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
The TTAC editorial today was a bit over the top. I normally give Baruth a lot of credit because of his Neon...

But that editorial today was very disappointing.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,402 Posts
Mike V. said:
The TTAC editorial today was a bit over the top. I normally give Baruth a lot of credit because of his Neon...
But that editorial today was very disappointing.
Mike
Can you give a summary I dont want to give them the traffic.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
Jeepnut said:
Can you give a summary I dont want to give them the traffic.
I think Dave already hit the nail on the head.

I think it was a "call the waaaaaambulance" moment as some would say.

Mike
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jeepnut

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,694 Posts
Dave said:
I wonder, though, in retrospect, whether it wasn't a back-handed way to send traffic here ;)

in which case I would say, “thank you for the honor, please warn me next time.”
If you see increased traffic, then tgenks are in order.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
Dave said:
I wonder, though, in retrospect, whether it wasn't a back-handed way to send traffic here ;)

in which case I would say, “thank you for the honor, please warn me next time.”
That's some goooood lemonade right there. Want me to help you cut up a few more of those lemons?

:)

Mike
 
61 - 75 of 75 Posts
Top