Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 1986 Daytona.

As these cars were imported to Norway. they mounted exstra turnlights at the back, since authorities didnt Accept red blinkers.

Now what i did is - i wired up my blinkers to the revers light. However turning on front headlights i discovered that all four front turnlight came on , not blinking.

So question is - is this original set-up in the US-or do i have an electrical issue?

This sure looked Nice on the car, but as i think it may be to hot for the small lamps, -i dont know..

·
Registered
314 Posts
This is normal, front turn signals and side markers, as well as the taillights, turn on with the headlights. When the turn signal is on, the lights will begin blinking or flashing brighter, depending on the light.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have a 1985 Daytona and with low beams only the two outside headlights come on. When high beams are on all 4 lights go on.

There is also a trick that when you press the leaver to put on the high beams and do not let it go both high and low beams are on. I do not do that often as I think it puts a current strain on the wiring.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is great to here- and even i think its street-legal! No Wonder everybody turned their head after me driving my car last night...he.he it just look great-only truck have these lights in Norway. Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts