Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
35,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please note two spy shots attached...

One is a Power Wagon, which has already been shown in Texas, but -- what's going on in back, where the bumper usually is? Any thoughts? View attachment 2843

The other is a Chrysler -- 100? 200? Mule? Might be the one we saw before, might not -- again, thoughts? View attachment 2844

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
69DartGTS said:
hmmm The Chrysler Mule is a 3 Door now....
I think it's the same mule we've seen before, with Giulietta bodywork which means the rear door handles are hidden. Google "Chrysler 100" and see many pictures of same.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Could it be that the 100 will be both 5-door and 3-door? On a side note - will the Power Wagon have a factory lift or will it have the same ground clearance/lift as the previous model? I remember talking about lifted trucks.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
That Chrysler mule looks like it doesn't have an engine in it. Front suspension appears to be largely unloaded.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
abgwin said:
I think it's the same mule we've seen before, with Giulietta bodywork which means the rear door handles are hidden. Google "Chrysler 100" and see many pictures of same.
i always knew about the Giulietta body but this is a totally different mule

The New Mule clearly a 3 Door. looks like they stretched the front doors cause it lacks rear door seams

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Anyone else notice anything weird with a previous gen Ram Powerwagon being tested nowadays?

·
Registered
4 Posts
69DartGTS said:
i always knew about the Giulietta body but this is a totally different mule

The New Mule clearly a 3 Door. looks like they stretched the front doors cause it lacks rear door seams
Looks like the same 4 door to me. I WISH it was a 2 door.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Anyone else notice anything weird with a previous gen Ram Powerwagon being tested nowadays?
Pure speculation: Could they be testing a new engine and/or transmission and want to keep it as incognito as possible? I would think it would not garner as much attention if it looked like the same model as previously tested. It could also allow for a more rigorous comparision to the previous set-up. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
DynoDave said:
Looks like the same 4 door to me. I WISH it was a 2 door.

I guess still looks to small for a 5 door. also they added more camo to the D-pilar where the front door handles are located.

EDIT: nevermind..... Its snow... lol :frusty:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
69DartGTS said:
I guess still looks to small for a 5 door. also they added more camo to the D-pilar where the front door handles are located.
Me too. Look at the distance from the edge (lower) of the shiny door, to the edge of the wheel well (lower).

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
What interests me about the PW is not the rear bumper ( thanks for that explanation Bob! ) but the diameter of that exhaust. That is at least 3" piping. Possibly 3.5". Too small for a Cummins ( 4.5"normally ), but maybe just right for a 3.0 VM? Or maybe 6.4 testing. Either way, if it is just a mule, its hard to tell what it might be for, but if it is maybe the beginnings of a next gen Power Wagon, that raises some interesting possibilities...

That Alfa mule looks like one of the same ones that were being used for CUSW development in my uneducated eyes.

Danno

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Can't really comment on either of them, I don't/wouldn't know much about them. I can say I haven't seen that spy shot before on the Alfa looking mule. And I do think it is interesting the front looks higher up. Maybe they are testing an AWD system in it and haven't tweaked it completely for on-road driving? Engine is out? Lighter engine in there now than it had originally and haven't changed the suspension? Don't know.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Danno said:
What interests me about the PW is not the rear bumper ( thanks for that explanation Bob! ) but the diameter of that exhaust. That is at least 3" piping. Possibly 3.5". Too small for a Cummins ( 4.5"normally ), but maybe just right for a 3.0 VM? Or maybe 6.4 testing. Either way, if it is just a mule, its hard to tell what it might be for, but if it is maybe the beginnings of a next gen Power Wagon, that raises some interesting possibilities...

That Alfa mule looks like one of the same ones that were being used for CUSW development in my uneducated eyes.

Danno
Ha! Ha! I was going to comment upon that.
That is the 6.4 tailpipe. ;)

From my encounter last summer in Colorado (yes, I did take a few photos...) ;)

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
dakrt99 said:
Me too. Look at the distance from the edge (lower) of the shiny door, to the edge of the wheel well (lower).
I agree, it does look shorter.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Doug in Florida said:
I agree, it does look shorter.
You Florida Boys always have the sun in your eyes... ;)
It's the same car.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
But it's cloudy today! :) it probably is just the angle, but it is misleading. The front is certainly the same modified fenders.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If that's the Chrysler 100 front-end, let's hope it'll have a more Lancia-specific grille if it's launched as the Lancia Delta successor in Europe, as that rectangular Chrysler grille doesn't look good on a Lancia.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
That is just a test car.. The production car will have a different metal sheet..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts