Allpar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,497 Posts
This should put to rest those that tried to blame Bosch alone for this criminal behavior.

Secondly, it is also clear that it was not a failure to report software changes. It was deliberate cheating....as some of us said from the beginning.

Lastly, just like with the VAG diesel scandal, 99.9% of employees do not take it upon themselves to intentionally violate the law.....this goes higher up inside the company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,497 Posts
If the truth ever comes out, I wonder how far up the food chain it goes? Got a suspicion it went pretty far up.
We all know that SM was a micromanager and involved in everything. It is not a stretch to believe he endorsed cutting corners. We already know he was willing to cut corners (and the law) to get the UAW to back his takeover of GM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
For a little extra clarity.
These guys worked for VM Motori. VM Motori was bought in 1995 by Detroit Diesel. In 2000 Detroit Diesel was bought by DaimlerChrysler. In 2003 Penske bought 51%. In 2007 Penske bought the remaining 49% and subsequently sold 50% to GM. FCA bought 50% of this company in 2011 from Penske. The remaining 50% of VM Motori was bought on 28 October 2013 from GM.
VM Motori was an engine supplier for Chrysler since the early nineties.
They are right now a fully owned subsidiary of Stellantis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,497 Posts
For a little extra clarity.
These guys worked for VM Motori. VM Motori was bought in 1995 by Detroit Diesel. In 2000 Detroit Diesel was bought by DaimlerChrysler. In 2003 Penske bought 51%. In 2007 Penske bought the remaining 49% and subsequently sold 50% to GM. FCA bought 50% of this company in 2011 from Penske. The remaining 50% of VM Motori was bought on 28 October 2013 from GM.
VM Motori was an engine supplier for Chrysler since the early nineties.
They are right now a fully owned subsidiary of Stellantis.
It is interesting that the software cheating did not happen until VM Motori became fully owned by FCA.
 

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
Joined
·
36,735 Posts
I said from the start this was highly unlikely to have come out of Chrysler. I stood by the people in Auburn Hills. I was blindsided by the Fiat/VM guys, obviously. However... keep in mind Bosch was implicated by GM as well. There was also a small company which was owned by VW handling some of the tuning, which I pointed to and which seems to have gotten overlooked since then.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top