Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard if we'll be able to upgrade our 8.4N systems to the latest Uconnect Access software? In my brief searching, it doesn't seem like there is much of a hardware difference but I could be wrong. Upgrading should be as easy as putting a file on a USB stick or SD card, but again I'm no expert.

I sent the question to @Dodge on twitter. Let's see if they respond.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Nope.

Its a different radio/hardware.

·
Registered
56 Posts
pjfsu331 said:
Has anyone heard if we'll be able to upgrade our 8.4N systems to the latest Uconnect Access software? In my brief searching, it doesn't seem like there is much of a hardware difference but I could be wrong. Upgrading should be as easy as putting a file on a USB stick or SD card, but again I'm no expert.

I sent the question to @Dodge on twitter. Let's see if they respond.
I would think so but I haven't heard anything yet. What does the upgrade get us?

UN4GTBL said:
Nope.

Its a different radio/hardware.
ok that answers that! Still curious as to what the new features are though?

·
Registered
56 Posts
So it's only available right now for viper, 1500, cherokee, and cherokee srt although I'm sure it will become available across all the lines at some point. Not sure I really need the additional connectivity but I suppose it could be usefull if you were a passenger.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was mostly intrigued by the new app integration. The lack of Pandora integration in the current 8.4N is my only complaint about it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
pjfsu331 said:
I was mostly intrigued by the new app integration. The lack of Pandora integration in the current 8.4N is my only complaint about it.
Can't you just stream pandora from your phone via bluetooth? I know it's not ideal but it should work I would think. (assuming bluetooth enabled phone of course)

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,996 Posts
blue-tooth or aux. jack. Either way it should work.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MinnesotaKid said:
Can't you just stream pandora from your phone via bluetooth? I know it's not ideal but it should work I would think. (assuming bluetooth enabled phone of course)
Yes it works, it just could be better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts