Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost exactly fourteen years ago I asked for advice on this forum to identify the 2-bolt master cylinder on my South African RHD Barracuda and had useful input from you guys, particularly Bearhawke (whose last comment back then--Jan 20 2004-- was, was I ever able to solve the problem?)

I thought I ought to respond now as a couple of days ago, here in England I took delivery of a Centric MC 13063011 (as fitted to a 69 Rambler, Javelin, etc), which matches up well with my original (but worn) master cylinder and will be a replacement for my present master cylinder if that wears out!

So good things happen on this forum, even if it takes a lifetime! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they used Girling dual piston calipers, the same as used on Rolls Royce Silver Shadow of the era. The same calipers were probably used on other "large" cars common in the UK and South Africa at the time, like Ford Granada, Vauxhall Ventora and Rover 2000 though I can't be certain because I've not seen any of these last ones with my own eyes and I'm only going on a vintage British Girling parts number book (which doesn't list Rolls Royce!!!).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.