Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
29,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, you might have noticed that I've not been on here much lately.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that I've been spending far more time offline from the internet to spend time chatting with a special friend. We're taking it slow but we're both very hopeful. If all goes well I'll be able to bring her to Carlisle next year.

More to come but for now let's just say that if you remember how you felt when you were in high school and met someone special? It's a very happy feeling. That's how I've felt for a good while now.

Stay tuned for more details.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Atta boy, Bob. Slow and easy wins the race. We all need somebody to care about us.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Piece of cake. Be honest, caring, uncompromising, and let the feelings flow with moderation. (Easy to scare them off). Never think you can change anyone. How do I know all this? Married fifty two years come October. Wouldn't trade her for another Demon 340!

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Guys, you might have noticed that I've not been on here much lately.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that I've been spending far more time offline from the internet to spend time chatting with a special friend. We're taking it slow but we're both very hopeful. If all goes well I'll be able to bring her to Carlisle next year.

More to come but for now let's just say that if you remember how you felt when you were in high school and met someone special? It's a very happy feeling. That's how I've felt for a good while now.

Stay tuned for more details.
One word (and emoticon) comes to mind: :w00t:

:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I never could shake that feeling. Guess thats why my high school sweetheart is sitting in my garage. She's a little under the weather but nothing a little love and understanding cant solve.. Still just as much a pain in my @#$ now as she was 20 years ago though..
Really, I cant say @#$ without it getting edited...

·
Administrator
29,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL Deder.....

This one has liked me since junior high. I didn't know it. In high school she was the most beautiful girl in school and I could not even approach her if you know what I mean. I was a band geek and well, people that beautiful just didn't associate with geeks.

Several years ago we emailed and she was hoping that I was available. I was not and that dashed her hopes. Then in June, she found out about Theresa and while she was very upset for me she was hopeful for her.

Then, in mid July we had 'just lunch' and..... well it was on from there. Once my 'situation' clears up later this year, who knows what 'we' will be doing. If you're on Facebook lookup my 'friend' Marla Y Shaw and tell me if she isn't still, the most beautiful 'girl in school'.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Late to the party on this one, but that's great to hear, Bob! I know the feeling you are talking about, and there's nothing like it...

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
But....does she like cars?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Late to the party as well, but this sounds like a good thing, Bob O.!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
The story of life...a door closes but a window opens.
Best Wishes, and be Happy!

·
Administrator
29,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Awesome
Alow me to wish you and your ne relationship fair wids and following seas.
Good luck
Mick

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
I am glad a new door is opening for you. You've been through a lot and I'm quite happy for you.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
She's a good looking lady, Bob. I wish you the best and many years of happiness with her.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts