Allpar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the article:

The Ypsilon is quite popular in its home country. The hatchback was the second-best selling vehicle in Italy in 2022. The model also had a 15.3 percent market share, which was its best ever.

Lancia has a 10-year plan starting in 2024 for taking the brand into the future. Things start with a next-generation Ypsilon that gets an electrified powertrain range. The company is also preparing to launch a new crossover that might revive the Aurelia name. In 2028, the Delta returns as what the automaker calls a "sculpted and muscular car with geometric lines."

Lancia will begin introducing EVs in 2026. It plans to become an electric-only brand in 2028.

Full article here:

Updated Lancia Ypsilon Debuts In New Dew Green Color (motor1.com)

· Registered
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just demonstrating that Stellantis had to start from scratch, even for Lancia, because FCA had no future plans for vehicles or brands.

· Registered
506 Posts
The Ypsilon is so butt ugly I can't believe anyone would ever buy one. It's even worse looking than the Omni and Horizon twins and they were both butt ugly too. The Corolla is the best selling vehicle of all time and has always been butt ugly as well. I just don't understand why people buy ugly cars. Don't tell me looks are subjective. I know ugly cars when I see them

· Registered
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Ypsilon is so butt ugly I can't believe anyone would ever buy one. It's even worse looking than the Omni and Horizon twins and they were both butt ugly too. The Corolla is the best selling vehicle of all time and has always been butt ugly as well. I just don't understand why people buy ugly cars. Don't tell me looks are subjective. I know ugly cars when I see them
For many people, it is an appliance and they do not care about styling. Diversity.

Reactions: tlc

· Registered
3,330 Posts
For many people, it is an appliance and they do not care about styling. Diversity.
And...for many other people, it is thought of as a fashion accessory....which reminds me:

For years now, I've had the impression that in Italy, the Lancia Ypsilon is getting marketed in exactly that way.

Am I even in the neighborhood of reality / sanity on this one?

· Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
25,616 Posts
Not everyone sees it as ugly, either. Personally I find most guppy grille cars ugly. Some think them beautiful.

· Registered
14 Posts
All of these crossovers are boring boxes on a sedan frame. There's not much a designer can do with a box. As long as the buying public thinks the dashboard is beautiful and has all the electronic "toys", and they perceive that their box is roomier and has more storage than a sedan (unless they pack it to the gunwales so they can't see out of their rear view mirror), then they are happy with boring. And yes, the Ypsilon is buck ugly!

· Registered
1,325 Posts
Well, I actually loved the Omnirizon's, they were a better version of the GTI, IMO. That was a vehicle that should have been a keeper for Chryco. I'm hoping the Escape (oops!), Hornet, will fill that gap. As far as the Lancia, they obviously outsell most other FCA product in their home country, so somebody likes them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts