Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to spend a good portion of Father's Day replacing the upper balljoints in my Dakota. What ticks me off is this is the second set I've put in, and I've only driven the thing 25,000 miles. I went with Moogs with a lifetime warranty this time around. I don't know what I used last time, but they weren't Moogs.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Chinese junk doesn't last at all. I went with NAPA premiums (non-gusher) on my 99, and drove it for years with them and no further issues. I wouldn't touch Autozone or any other "value" line for balljoints. Too much junk out there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Today I purchased the Napa Chassis line of ball joints. Cost me $294, but I was relieved after I saw the "made in USA" sticker on them. Moog are badass but cost twice as much as the Napa. I'm happy, after all them came with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Um, the Moogs were around $45 each from RockAuto. What did you get that was $294???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I paid $298 for everything like Bushings, tie rode ends, and the ball joints. Everything seems to be functioning fine at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts