Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This vacuum system on the non turbo,pt cruiser is extremely complicated since the brake booster, plenum, purge valve, nvld valve, speed o cruise and storage tank, all connected into 1 system, somewhere there is a blockage that's causing the stall. I changed the purge valve nvld canister, the valve on the brake booster, engine still cuts out on idle, how to you isolate the problem, any pt cruiser mechanics or there,
It stalls on idle only, I disconnected the speedo cruise, but the brakes won't won't, since still these lines are connected

· Registered
3,389 Posts
. . . .This vacuum system on the non turbo,pt cruiser is extremely complicated since the brake booster, plenum, purge valve, nvld valve, speed o cruise and storage tank, all connected into 1 system, somewhere there is a blockage that's causing the stall. . . .
What model year is your PT Cruiser? Do you have an automatic or manual transmission? What is the evidence that leads you to believe the vacuum system is causing engine stalling? Is the check engine / malfunction indicator lamp illuminated? If YES you need to retrieve powertrain codes which will give some direction on how to remediate the stalling problem. Replacing parts randomly and disconnecting vacuum lines is not effective diagnosis for an engine stalling issue.

· Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
17,030 Posts
Aniline's old thread is here:
Vacuum line stalling engine when connected to nvld

A vacuum line gross leak or blockage should be easy to verify.
Given this car's history, I suspect some other problem is afoot. The stalling when attaching this hose may be just a symptom of some other problem?

Reactions: Bob Lincoln
1 - 3 of 3 Posts