Allpar Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

· Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
17,316 Posts
Someone added that fuse into the wiring. It doesn't look like something the factory would use.
Did you just buy this car or know any of its past history?
The factory does not use '3-pin fuses laying on top of the valve cover to the ign coil', if it is a fuse.
The 'wedge' adapter that the 'fuse' is plugged into is more reminiscent of a bulb.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I believe the image shows a 40 amp cartiridge fuse used in the PDC / power distribution center or fuse box in the vehicle. Orange is the convention color used for 40 amp. The PDC is located under and to rear of air filter plenum box. Is number 40 printed somewhere on the fuse?

Remove the lid and see if a cartridge fuse is missing. There is a provision for holding a spare fuse in the fuse box. See attached image for identification of components in PDC.

View attachment 89241
There are no fuses missing

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Someone added that fuse into the wiring. It doesn't look like something the factory would use.
Did you just buy this car or know any of its past history?
The factory does not use '3-pin fuses laying on top of the valve cover to the ign coil', if it is a fuse.
The 'wedge' adapter that the 'fuse' is plugged into is more reminiscent of a bulb.
Yes I just bought the car, f when I was doing engine swap it just fell off from somewhere at the back engine by the brake booster

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
It is difficult to envision the dislodged. vacuum hoses on your vehicle without an image. If you can take a picture and post that would be helpful. Otherwise find the underhood vacuum diagram and connect lines as shown.

From a view into the engine compartment all you will see is the purge valve under the brake booster. There will be a vacuum hose from the purge valve that connects to a line under the body that runs to the vapor canister mounted on the fuel tank. The purge valve will have another port with a vacuum line that attaches somewhere on the intake plenum.

Follow the larger hose from the brake booster to the intake system. At the intake is there an open port with no vacuum hose attached? If YES this port with missing hose should have to be connected to the purge valve.

This connected vacuum line should agree with the underhood diagram. If the engine stalls at idle with this configuration, it is possible that the purge valve is stuck open. With a stuck open valve the engine is drawing in rich fuel vapors and the overly rich air-fuel ratio is causing engine stall. Just a guess on my part.
I have changed to a new purge valve, new nvld pump too, still stalling

· Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
17,316 Posts
I suggest not replacing parts until you can better diagnose this stalling.
OEM parts are an important consideration.

Apparently the previous owner did some modifications with extra wiring? Where does this in-line fuse wire go? Was the car running with the purge hoses intact when you got the car?

We might need more details about why the engine was swapped and if this is the correct engine for the car? Was this donor engine running before the swap?

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
As ImperialCrown stated in post #26 the device with vacuum hose below the power brake booster is the purge valve. It is not the vapor canister which is located at the rear alongside the fuel tank. Please post a picture of the attachment of the vacuum hose at the throttle body and the device you changed at the throttle body.

Please post a picture of this "relay / fuse yellow and orange in color 3 pins that fell off ". Identify any wire colors attached including secondary tracer color wire.
I changed the ips, idle position sensor only

· Super Moderator
12,338 Posts
No good without pictures.
And it is a Throttle Position Sensor, there is no such thing as an idle position sensor.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.