Allpar Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
While the Aspen/Volare might have been a better riding vehicle, I had a 75 Duster and when I opened the trunk lid and saw the non-flat floor with about half the room, I did not trade mine in and walked away. The Duster had near station wagon storage capacity and with three kids, I needed all of that to take a week long trip. Having a Super six would have been nice but I later towed a Winnebago trailer behind for probably 8k miles with the 225 and manual OD trans and got 20mpg in that configuration. (Had to have air shocks maxed out due to a heavy tongue weight and long tail on the Duster). Still one of my favorite past vehicles. Without the trailer, it got 30MPG.

I also think they should.ve updated the A body....Like how they updated the B body to the R. Yes the R was a failure mainly due to styyling and other issues.
Look at the 80 Cordorbra which based on the F body but looked totally diferant and it had fantasic looking new dash.
All the A body needed was the rubber isolation like 73 B bodys got and better sound proofing.. The body could've strected a little bit and the interior made more upscale.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
The Volare' seemed like it was larger. Also had a nicer interior, sort of upscale. 8 1/4" rear was stronger. 10" brakes / discs. Mileage was so so with a 6 cyl. Not a powerhouse. Dependable. No Corinthian leather, but made up for it with the "wood grain siding"!!!!!
I had the 1976 Plymouth Volare sedan triple black with a Burgundy Vinyl I thought it was leather interior , Power windows , A/C , 318 engine and it was dependable if anything . The plastic trim pieces even in 1982 were starting to flake . Great first car !

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.