Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1965 Valiant, for about a year now. It is a runner and about ready to paint. It finally occurred to me that I have a switch that I have no idea what it does.

I have a silver switch on the left side under the dash. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Specs:

1965 plymouth valiant
base..200
engine...225 slant - 6
four door, automatic with the AC

Please help if you can...

Thanks,

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Map light or hazzards???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not lights unfortunately. I have been trying to find an answer to this today while waiting for someone here. But, when I flip it no lights come on or anything and all lights are operational.

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
That's where the hazards switch was back in the mid-1960s. Do your hazard flashers work? If so, where is the switch for them? If it's a silver toggle switch on the left lower side of the dash, that should be the hazards switch.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Bob Lincoln said:
That's where the hazards switch was back in the mid-1960s. Do your hazard flashers work? If so, where is the switch for them? If it's a silver toggle switch on the left lower side of the dash, that should be the hazards switch.
Prior to 1967 4 way hazard flashers were an option in all fairness.....................

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, will have to make sure and double check that.....I do have a blinker issue, so.....

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I have a switch in the same area and it is for the window washers.

·
Administrator
35,249 Posts
Just because the thing it's connected to doesn't work or isn't there any more, doesn't mean it was never there...

PS> I once added a switch on that side, since there is a blank drilled into the metal, which turned the a/c compressor on or off, since the automatic switch had failed and the dealer who had failed it, wanted $250 to fix it.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
covertopps said:
Follow the wires and see where they end up.
Works for me. Factory or not, may be connected to something which does not function to begin with. Time to crawl under there and find out where the wires go.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
So, how about a follow-up? Did you have time to look farther? Did you try all systems as suggested? Did you pull the switch OR check for power at one of the terminals (with key on or at acc.?) If no power, could be a fuse issue or simply disconnected?. Then, apply power to switch to see if any affect?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts