Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
35,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radiator on my 1974 Valiant 225 with air conditioning is shot. It needs to be re-cored ($500) or replaced. I was given a quote of $400 for a replacement copper-brass radiator.

There are replacement radiators for slant sixes without air, and for V8s with air. ... but not a slant six with air except maybe the one below.

Any thoughts? Do I need to just bite the bullet?

PS> Radiator Express suggested this, any experiences? https://www.radiatorexpress.com/pro...NCH+CORE+LENGTH+&part_id=3173&aaia_id=1243077

·
Banned
3,817 Posts
I bought a radiator online and I think is was from this place and good price and fit like a glove, got prices in town and they where twice as much. So like Clint Eastwood said do you want to gamble for the extra savings I would.

·
Administrator
35,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They say it is. 20% restock fee and "lifetime" warranty is defined as five years.

RockAuto... I checked back and they have it in stock again. Same price including shipping but 100% return policy. At $250 that matters.

Trying to figure out how to apply a coupoin.

·
Banned
3,817 Posts
I have dealt with them and they are good, when I have trouble with coupons I try to call the company and they help me.

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
... went with Rock Auto after all.
Then you already found that the discount number gets entered in the "How did you hear about us?" field.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts