Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[SIZE=medium]Liberty production ceased some time ago, but the company website, when I checked it today, just replaced its front page Liberty info with that of the upcoming Cherokee. [Oops! Correction: Liberty info as of this edit is still available from a link farther down the front page.][/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I know it has its detractors (what doesn’t?) but: I am really enjoying the leather scent, silver-grey woodgrain interior accents, relative quietude and tighter handling of my brand new Jeep Liberty Jet Limited. The blacked-out headlight surrounds make a sexy contrast with the chrome grill. The 9-speaker Infinity sound system with sub-woofer is impressive. And my Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl has a lot of other great stuff too numerous to mention here. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]What a load of features for the money! I’m kind of sad to see Jeep stop making the Liberty. Especially as I grow older, I’m concerned that the new models will not retain this, MY PREFERRED BALANCE of affordability, towing-, relative ride/creature comfort-, cargo-hauling (including reasonable fold-flat rear-compartment 2-person sleeping), and off-road- (though admittedly limited), capability. That’s why I bought my Liberty![/SIZE]

·
Durango Dave!
843 Posts
We have a Liberty Jet in the area with the dark bezels and big wheels, and it is definitely a looker... I would like to test-drive one and see if I could add it to the stable as my weekend hauler/tower.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, Bajanbuoy! My wife really loves those dark bezels, too! Liberty max towing shows 5,000 lbs, while what I saw on the Cherokee was 4500 lbs. Also we know that rear cargo is gonna be significantly less with Cherokee. Do the test drive!

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
The black headlight bezels really make just about every vehicle look better IMO.

(But I may be biased)

Reactions: Paul J. Reed

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another thing I'm pleased with on my new Liberty is how well it fits into today's smaller parking spaces. It looks longer than it is---maybe it's the tall profile. But, UN4GTBL, I guess it doesn't fit into parking spaces as well as a Caliber; fine looking black bezesls! I have a dark hood deflector like you do; in addition to good looks, I find the deflectors can help with bugs and in reducing stone pitting!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is... It was inevitable that the Liberty would disappear from the website.

Reactions: abgwin

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Jeepophile said:
Another thing I'm pleased with on my new Liberty is how well it fits into today's smaller parking spaces. It looks longer than it is---maybe it's the tall profile. But, UN4GTBL, I guess it doesn't fit into parking spaces as well as a Caliber; fine looking black bezesls! I have a dark hood deflector like you do; in addition to good looks, I find the deflectors can help with bugs and in reducing stone pitting!
Yeah, the Caliber is tiny, and can fit just about anywhere.

The LIberty is nice and tall (which I like) and seems to have lots of cargo room inside. My only space complaint was the driver's footwell.

Thanks! They are a constant work in progress lol. I don't care for the appearance of bug deflectors, but I can't argue with the results. My windshield is not cracked, and my hood is not all chipped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts