Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heat and humidity here for days but this still maybe a reach of a diagnosis,.. I also recently filled top a perpetually low coolant level and have aftermarket non vented gas cap so when it would not start after a quick ice cream trip I walked the 7mi home returned in my car to try and crank it over .. nope. It turns and gives a slight dieseling after cranking it but will not fire..
Is there a probable alternative to vapor lock up does anyone think ? I will return to the convenience store pkng lot later but right now want to at least have a labor day brkfast.. (break out the tiny violins for me! lol)

·
Super Moderator
21,369 Posts
EFI should never have vapor lock. The fuel pressure in the rails is too high for any 'boiling'.
Do you hear the pump at key-on? Have you checked for spark or fuel pressure?
Does a shot of carb or throttle body cleaner/solvent into the air horn allow it to fire up then stall?
The gas cap one-way valve should allow air in, but not out.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ImperialCrown said:
EFI should never have vapor lock. The fuel pressure in the rails is too high for any 'boiling'.
Do you hear the pump at key-on? Have you checked for spark or fuel pressure?
Does a shot of carb or throttle body cleaner/solvent into the air horn allow it to fire up then stall?
The gas cap one-way valve should allow air in, but not out.
okay well thanks on the vapor info IC .. and yes the pump runs I hear it, am a bit limited on what I can do in the parking space at the store can you suggest ways to spark ck and pressure ck in a lot space like I'm in or ought I tow now, not ez on the holiday I 'd guess. If the starter fluid or carb cleaner shot indicates fuel issue, its r&r time for the pump...

·
Super Moderator
21,369 Posts
Maybe have a helper crank while you watch. Or stick a noid light or screwdriver 1/4" from ground into a coil wire end boot and lay it on top of the intake manifold while you crank the engine. You should be able to watch it with the hood up and looking out over the cowl?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right oh yeah.! I guess Im off in a few to try that and see if I can wait out the holiday tow scenario, ouch.. $$$$!

thanksSir imperial!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
try cycling the key on and off a few times. Its hard to say without a fuel pressure tester but it could be a bad check valve in the pump not allowing fuel pressure to hold when you shut the car off. also, whens the last time you replaced the fuel filter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts