Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was realy hoping for a new 200 or (you name it) convertible, very sad this was not in the cards...was looking to trade in my 200 for a convertible in about 4 years. I really would like to have a convertible again and I would like to stay with a Mopar. I have had great luck with my 08 Sebring and 02 Sebring, I might have to settle for finding a used one with Low miles.

I would have love to seen a new convertible with a much less complicated soft top, somthing like the last generation SAAB convertible, very sleek with the top down and does not take up the whole trunk.

Maybe there is still hope???

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
We can hope that either the Avenger or Challenger redesign will offer a drop-top. I am still surprised no factory convertible Challengers are made, but that may be due to engineering/platform issues that hopefully are addressed when the redesign hits the market.

·
Registered
13,505 Posts
Chrysler was king of convertibles until Daimler worked their magic on the Sebring.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
Chrysler was king of convertibles until Daimler worked their magic on the Sebring.
"magic" indeed

Mike

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
Tomguy said:
We can hope that either the Avenger or Challenger redesign will offer a drop-top. I am still surprised no factory convertible Challengers are made, but that may be due to engineering/platform issues that hopefully are addressed when the redesign hits the market.
With the 200 softtop leaving, I'd put my personal desire on a challenger drop top. Especially because it would offer what the 200 offered and many others do not, a usable back seat. Not to mention, having power train options that would be fun. I think Chrysler co really ought to offer a convertable somewhere in their lineup.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
Before Dumbler we owned the segment, wonder if Ford Mustang sent Dumbler a thank-you note for that?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tomguy said:
That would be very sweet! I dont think it would have the back seat room of the 200, but it would much more fun to drive.
They mention how slow the convertible is selling; I think it would sell if they would advertise it! I don’t think I have seen one commercial or ad for the 200 convertible...such a shame.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Would make sense considering both Mustang and Camaro both have droptops.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
billfrombuckhead said:
Could ASC make a Challenger convertible? What kind of convertibles is Alfa getting beyond the Miata based one?
Only Alfa convertible ive heard of is the Miata based one. Incidentally there are supposedly a couple of the Alfa spider mules running around in current Miata bodies.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dave said:
Could indeed be that the plan is to make a Challenger droptop to replace the 200.

Reviews of the 200 convertible remain very poor, far below the 200 sedan.
I find it interesting that reviews are so low, as for open top experience the 200 is very nice, low wind noise, water tight and good over all passenger room.

I think review's tend to compair it to Mustangs and such, to wich it does not campair well.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
When I would rent convertibles for vacations ect.. I always asked for the Sebring convert. because it was a nice roomy and comfortable car. Since the 200 convertible came out I find myself renting the Mustang or Camaro. The 200 looks just as cramped in the back and if im gonna have that I would rather have the RWD cars to play with. Now this is just my 2 cents so take it with a grain of salt but I just think the 1st and 2nd gen Sebrings were better convertibles. Now that being said I was looking forward to seeing what they could do with the new 200 as a convertible just loose the hardtop your not a BMW softop is fine.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Dave said:
Jeepnut,

You do know that the 200 and Sebring have the same interior space, right?

If you think a 200 is cramped, why would you get a Camaro that's even more cramped?
Actually no I didnt know that. Like I said take my opinion with a grain of salt. To me the older Sebrings looked like they had more room. Im not a customer for that vehicle its just a im going to the beach I want a good convertible type thing. Im not dogging the 200 vert I think its a good value for whoever wants one I was just relaying my own opinion. My own money being on the line id buy a JKU Sport s or Sahara softop but thats me I really wish Chrysler wouldnt give up on the 200 convertible it could be an awesome car again on the new architecture.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Jeepnut said:
Actually no I didnt know that. Like I said take my opinion with a grain of salt. To me the older Sebrings looked like they had more room. Im not a customer for that vehicle its just a im going to the beach I want a good convertible type thing. Im not dogging the 200 vert I think its a good value for whoever wants one I was just relaying my own opinion. My own money being on the line id buy a JKU Sport s or Sahara softop but thats me I really wish Chrysler wouldnt give up on the 200 convertible it could be an awesome car again on the new architecture.
I think Dave meant the 2008-2010 Sebring Convertible space = the 2011+ 200 Convertible space

Previous generations could be different.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
I think Dave meant the 2008-2010 Sebring Convertible space = the 2011+ 200 Convertible space

Previous generations could be different.
Oh om well then yes that would be the same I was referencing the 1st and 2nd gen.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts