Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,362 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. This is the tank sending unit and not the dash gauge, correct?
There were loose industry standards that manufacturers went by. What are your symptoms?
Here is some standards:
Universal Fuel Sender Questions and Troubleshooting (at http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/category_id=159/mode=cat/cat159.htm )
Chrysler did use a voltage limiter/regulator in the dash cluster to give fuel, temp and oil pressure gauges a reduced (about 5 to 7v) voltage on most vehicles of this era:
7.jpg

·
Registered
4,633 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, seams right the after market sender unit I have is 0-270, guessing the Aussie after market version will be 0-90ohms?..

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Thanks, seams right the after market sender unit I have is 0-270, guessing the Aussie after market version will be 0-90ohms?..
Go back and scroll through that link I provided. There are some incorrect statements made. The correct ohm reading for the sending unit to work with your original dash gauge is one that provides 70 ohms resistance at EMPTY (float down) and 10 ohms resistance at FULL (float up). 0 - 90 ohms is the specification for EMPTY and FULL on older GM vehicles. Are you using an original instrument panel gauge?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts