Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hope you guys enjoy this video! I know there has been a lot of curious people wondering about the boost level on the new turbo Dart!

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
That didn't sound too healthy, really. Besides that, I wonder if the pressure actually went above 20psi given it pegged and stopped. I would say one of the first bolt-ons would be larger diameter exhaust (that's what the bad sound is, restrictive exhaust).

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
That didn't sound too healthy, really. Besides that, I wonder if the pressure actually went above 20psi given it pegged and stopped. I would say one of the first bolt-ons would be larger diameter exhaust (that's what the bad sound is, restrictive exhaust).
The 1.4T in the Abarth responds well to an exhaust change. I was surprised it spiked than dropped down quite a bit. I'd be happier if it held 15-17 solid instead of bouncing around

Mike

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
The 1.4T in the Abarth responds well to an exhaust change. I was surprised it spiked than dropped down quite a bit. I'd be happier if it held 15-17 solid instead of bouncing around

Mike
That is a weak wastegate spring. The SRT-4 Neons did the same thing with the stock wastegate. Considering that its not a performance model I am not surprised.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
That is a weak wastegate spring. The SRT-4 Neons did the same thing with the stock wastegate. Considering that its not a performance model I am not surprised.
The SRT4 neon did not spike like that... It is a combination of things though, not just a weak spring.

Mike

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
I'm running the stock spring on my SRT4 and not a problem but tiny turbos can only blow so much.
Quick to build pressure then they run out of breathe.

Nothing wrong with it... Just application dependent.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts