Registered
8,747 Posts
That is gorgeous.

Reminds me of the GT2 or GTS-R Vipers

I like the icon on the "Drink" button :lol:

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
I broke the story here on Allpar.com during the reveal in Le Mans this morning!

If you like the cars, then follow the 24 Hours of Le Mans race coverage with us!

Tons of news, pictures, driver & team information is all waiting for you to read & watch through in the Motorsports News Section

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
I agree. No need to link to outside sources when Allpar has the scoop first. ;)

·
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dakrt99 said:
This is kind of like the ACR-X? You don't have to have a race team or anything to buy one.
Not really, this is VASTLY more expensive than the ACR-X. This is a true race car...

·
10,011 Posts
JRS200x said:
When I posted this, there was no story on Allpar.com
That's probably because pictures were not available this morning. I did let Dave in on the reveal once Brian Viger released pictures on Twitter.

·
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its been on the DriveSRT website since around 9:30 this morning... I don't know.

dakrt99 said:
True. I meant that, can private customers buy it and race it themselves?
I don't see why not, if you got $500k have at it.

·
10,011 Posts
Just got a word from our reporter & fellow collegue Hemi Magnum, he will be on the boards later this evening to catch up on all the Qualifying action including a final rundown of the starting grid for the race on Saturday.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
MonacoMan said:
Where's the awesome X-brace?!
Not needed in this case, plus not having it means you don't have to waste valuable time taking it off for mid-race service/repair.

·
10,011 Posts
Could someone please merge the updated Viper thread with this one? We don't need two threads of the same topic here. Thank you.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Now we shall see what we will see. Its going to be interesting times.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I see a ring run coming soon!

Reactions: drew54

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
MonacoMan said:
Did they stiffen the chassis by other means?
That is a logical assumtion. While it works well for the street, it is a hindrance in the pits, plus I am sure the extra reinforcement/protection required to meet race rules more than makes up for it.
Jeepnut said:
I see a ring run coming soon!
I would bet THAT won't happen until the new Pirelli gumballs are ready next year, and RG and Co announce the second coming of the almighty ACR (and they KNOW they can drop to sub-7, the P1 Macca is rumored to be well under 7').

·
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They won't run the ring with this particular car... this isn't like the ACR etc, there is no reason to put down a ring time as its not considered a production car.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Thanks, I realize this.

I know what this car is and what the ACR is, and since the people buying it could care less about its 'Ring time, it won't be running there. That is, unless RG happens to to have one in his back pocket, and wants to run it there, WHEN the ACR runs the 'Ring. If I was a CEO of a brand such as SRT, and I was going to watch my latest sledgehammer run at the 'Ring, I just might bring along the dedicated racer I brought out 10 months ago, and take her for a spin, alongside the street car. The GT3-R's time would be meaningless, except as a yardstick against other cars of its type that have run there.

However, that begs the question, what is the GT3-R's power level? The ACR will be 640, at least. The ALMS/USCR car is 455. Do they make this one unrestricted, and let the teams choke it down to match whatever series they are going to run, or do they build it custom per the customer's requirements? If it is choked down, the ACR, with its bigger power could challenge it, as it could have a better top speed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts