·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike V. said:
He purposely delayed his start. Reaction time doesn't matter when making a single only pass. Reaction also does not affect elapsed time.

Mike
Ah gotcha explains alot Thanx!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Bob ONeill said:
This might be better posted in the Racing forum shouldn't it?
Bob, yes probably so. Would make for some interesting discussion over there. Car is blistering fast and the launch control is spectacular.

Mike

·
3,813 Posts
That being said, the ZR1 with DR's is running 10.6's and lower... Admittedly they have had years to perfect their shifting and launches with the ZR1 so I expect to see the Viper's times drop a little, but 10.6 will be hard to achieve.

·
Registered
27 Posts
"I think there is a lot left in that pass. Major bog when the clutch was dropped"

That was the Launch Control, functioning as designed.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
stroudtom said:
Really, still seemed to be pulled down, like to see with it off as well.
I agree, the Viper launch control doesn't seem very sophisticated. Most other launch control systems manage wheel spin during a launch to keep the tires just on the verge of slipping. The Viper just seems to let the clutch dump, wait for the tires to stop spinning then apply power.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow stuff today has really gotten fast. I built an old skool pump gas driver that could run 11.80s at 115 and thought I did something lol. Well then again i did that on 1/10th of the budget.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
I agree, the Viper launch control doesn't seem very sophisticated. Most other launch control systems manage wheel spin during a launch to keep the tires just on the verge of slipping. The Viper just seems to let the clutch dump, wait for the tires to stop spinning then apply power.
I think that's a pretty big assumption to make.

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts