Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Is it possible you were given the wrong part? The attatchment point for the cruise servo cable is a black diamond on my '95 Spirit. That has a purely digital setup (analog gauges driven by digital signal). There is no physical connection between the VSS and the cruise control via cable. The cable at the servo is the cable that operates the throttle linkage. At the throttle linkage, there are two more cables, one which goes to the kickdown linkage and the other to the accelerator pedal, for a grand total of three cables attatched to the throttle arm. I know we're talking a 10 year difference here, but if someone's been messing with the car, anything could really be in there. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Be very careful about parts stores-- a lot of times the people working there aren't quite firing on all cylinders. I was once told that the Hall effect sensor for my Spirit was no longer made, and I had to go back and forth with the guy for a good five minutes, explaining what it was, other names it could have been, etc. When he tried to sell me a reman distributor after concluding that's what I, in fact, needed and that I had no idea what I was talking about, I asked him if I could take a look on the computer. Found the Hall under a different category in 45 seconds, part was in stock, and I went on my way. Just last week, when I needed a strut mount, the "sales associate" assured me it would be in next-day. Next day comes, no part. Response I got was, "Oh, you had (name). We're sorry. He does stuff like this all the time. We can have it in by tomorrow..." Get a phone call later on (after I had already gotten home and started eating dinner, of course) that someone had put the part "someplace stupid" and that I could come retrieve it. If you can't keep track of a box with a huge label with my name on it, I wouldn't put it past you to give someone the wrong part.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
What you really could use in this situation is an IPL, or an illustrated parts list. I have no idea where to get these for cars, unfortunately, but back when I did small engine repairs, they were indispensable. They typically give you an exploded view of the parts, which gives you a general reference for where things are located in relation to each other, as well as an OEM part number. Maybe someone on here who has a dealer connection, like ImperalCrown or Valiant67, can help you out here. I know they exist, I've seen pictures and scans of a page or two, but I've never seen a physical one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.