Rhino with crate; with chrome trim:

Final with crate; no chrome trim:

Final type with crate; with chrome trim:

Final type with wood strip; with chrome trim:

Final type with ivory strip; with chrome trim but original wheels:

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
I see a hood ornament! :thumbsup: Nice touch, but I think impaling pedestrians is frowned upon nowadays. I think the sides look great. Definite Wagoneer cues without being retro. The grill design is classic but very, very tall. The gen 2 wide grill may fit better and lower the hood back to the original Durango height. The third row window shape is a little too angular for the overall style. Needz moar wood grain.

Great job as always!

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hood height: Its like 2" taller. Not a huge difference.

Grille - I used the Rhino, because they've been featuring it on alot of their concepts lately.

Woodgrain will look cheesy on a car this big

rear angle is just enough to look like an old waggy; less, and it'd blend, more it'd look weird.

Hood ornament: Yeh; i figured it might be like a Rolls' where they go down when in motion :D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
the front looks like its just a custom Grand wagoneer, but its not bad.. This might sound like alot but to make it look more... Production. you could still use the Durangos grill shape with the detail of the wagoneers grill and with the Rams grill outward angle.

You can also SIMULATE, the 4 round headlights by having 2 circular LEDs per lense like This:

OR you could have 2 Circular LED's per lense like a Customized Challenger with the headlights Recessed into the front simular to the challenger to get it that mad stare look..

i wouldnt really Square off the rear window and sides as much. itt needs some roundness.have the Pillars in a Platinum Finish (not Chrome). it needs some bright work. it isnt supose to look Sinester like the durango. Also. the White area, If possible. could be a Aluminum Trim with a wood grain texture..of course in real life that would be a Vinyl.

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
My dad had a '64 Wagoneer. The Brooks Stevens style was impressive and Jeep had the first passenger SUV. A perfect wagon for the family adventure growing up in the '60's. He does like this one as well as the Gladiator concepts. Keep them coming.
Hood ornaments are spring-loaded fold downs that won't harm pedestrians. I'm partial to a hood ornament, but it may set an Overland edition apart from the rest of the crowd.
Nice work in keeping the original angular roof line by the rear 1/4 windows and the wheel opening character line down the sides. The front fender directional flasher gives it a Euro-look.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
This chop looks better and petter each time I look at it. I think I might have mention this in another thread, but have you thought about putting the side turn indicators at the far ends of the accent strip?

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a firm believer in halo-headlights belong to BMW. Every rice-rocket on the planet imitates those; also, what makes those more production than the ones I pulled off a Bentley? o_O

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
.. the old "final type" Grill is not lookin so hot on the "new body" .. neither is the wood. imo.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Redid the grille, looks much better this way.. and without the crate. LOL

open in new tab for full-resolution. Used Commander headlights (modified) and tail light..s
apparently i lost my side-markers though.. i'll fix that later.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I think the wood grain on the sides wth the grill in the second pic would look awesome.
Mick

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As requested.. started the wood from scratch. looks better now, than before, but its still too much IMO.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
That looks great. If I had money to waist on something I don't need I would buy that.
Thanks
Mick

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This, i think, is a good compromise..

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
That looks good too!
How would the full wood sides look on the pic just below the durango?
:)
thanks

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
with Chrome

Without Chrome

^ like that?

Added all the options so far onto the original post. :D

·
Registered