Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from a trip. While passing through Kansas I went to the small town of Ellis. The home and museum of Wlater P. Chrysler is there so we went in for a visit and tour. To be honest it was one of the highlights of our trip. It was very informative, moving, and an overall great experience. In addition, in the museum sits the sixth Chrysler ever built. For all of us that love all things Mopar this is a must see. I really think you will enjoy it as much as I did. It is likely that you will find some items you just can't pass up like pins, shirts, patches, etc.

·
Super Moderator
36,922 Posts
Years ago on a drive back from Denver, CO to Columbus, OH I stopped there as well.
I really enjoyed it and regret not taking any pictures.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
04RAMSRT10 said:
I just returned from a trip. While passing through Kansas I went to the small town of Ellis. The home and museum of Wlater P. Chrysler is there so we went in for a visit and tour. To be honest it was one of the highlights of our trip. It was very informative, moving, and an overall great experience. In addition, in the museum sits the sixth Chrysler ever built. For all of us that love all things Mopar this is a must see. I really think you will enjoy it as much as I did. It is likely that you will find some items you just can't pass up like pins, shirts, patches, etc.
Kansas located here :) yes, I've been to the house in Ellis, it is a good place for a visit. Wamego (closer to Topeka) is the birthplace. Wamego just recently moved the birth house to the corner on the highway and plans to renovate it into the local tourist info center. Not sure what the Chrysler emphasis is going to be.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I stopped by there last summer. The unfortunate thing is (was) that the vehicles were parked outside in the weather (and it gets very hot and very cold around here). The care of the home is done through donations only, and that barely keeps the place open. Too bad we can't organize some sort of a fund raising drive for the group..... Anything would be surely appreciated, but it would be wonderful to get the vehicles covered somehow. Granted, the collection is very small, less than 10.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts