Allpar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In or around California, looking for a 4 door Belvedere, Savoy or Plaza in decent shape. v8 preferred also hard top preferred but not a huge deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also if I were to find a 2 door that was nice enough I would take that as well, looking for around 2-4k price range

·
Super Moderator
21,684 Posts
I did like the Exner styling. I believe that the Fury/Belvedere were a 2 or 4-dr hardtop and the Savoy/Plaza were 2 or 4-dr sedans/wagons.
The B-pillar did strengthen the body structure. Hardtop glass seals were also prone to wind noise/water leaks.

Reactions: Branded209

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they have rare instances of savoy and I believe plaza 4 door hard tops as well, the definitely also had 2 door ones as I've seen hard top 2 door savoys.

·
Super Moderator
13,931 Posts
Note that 1955 and 56 Mopars; within the same division, were quite similar. 1957 ushered in the huge series of changes between the Torsion bar front suspension, ball joints, and first year of the 3 spd TorqueFlite tranny, etc.

·
Super Moderator
13,931 Posts
Also if I were to find a 2 door that was nice enough I would take that as well, looking for around 2-4k price range
You'll probably get a buildable 4 door for that price; two doors typically hold their value much better for whatever the reason may be.

Reactions: Branded209

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I get a 4 door i'll be doing a custom sectioned and chopped hotrod, either a 340 or 440 with a 6-71 and 4 speed driver, if it's a 2 door basically the same without the chop

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they aren't better both have their strong points the 360s are just a lot cheaper to build, and I already have the 340 block. Mind you I have a built 360 with 340 race heads in my 72 and it's a great motor but definitely not better.

·
Got parts?
2,610 Posts
The cheapest I see nearby is a SW in Waco for $7900. You might look in junkyards that have vehicles that old. Craigslist hasn't been much of a site since they started charging $5 per car ad last year. Maybe Facebook marketplace will give you better results.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not looking for a junkyard car I'm looking for a driver, I've been watching fb, craigslist and a couple phone apps as well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts