Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Plus 3.6L V6 24V VVT FlexFuel, 2001 PT Cruiser LE
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a drivers rear chrome door handle for my daughters 2001 PT Cruiser LE. For some reason the chrome has peeled off in such a way that it cuts your hand when you open the door.

Thanks for looking

Robert

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to be a big fan of Car-parts, but after traveling to multiple yards and finding they had scrapped the car or had sold the item, my enthusiasm has waned. The yards that use the service rarely update after they have posted. Sometimes I would get feedback via email or phone, but many of the yards simply ignore you.

I much prefer to use LKQ or Pick-n-pull yards now. I posted on this forum though to possibly buy from another member and helping them clean out the garage so to speak. I am in no hurry as I used some aluminum tape to wrap the offending handle until I replace it.

Does anyone have a link to tearing apart the rear door and/or replacing the door handle?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,499 Posts
The LR door handle shows discontinued, but there should be some around.
Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

Reference Mopar part #4724915AD or AE in your search. Note that vehicles built up to 5-1-00 had a different link (#4724646AB).

For now, remove the peeling chrome plating from the handle grip area.

A salvage yard may let you buy a handle from a rusted or dented door, otherwise they would sell a good door as a complete piece.

• Helpful
Reactions: Blasirl
1 - 6 of 6 Posts